Alex's picture

Alex

Voices United and More Voices on Youtube

I thought it would be useful to collect a list of Youtube Videos, and other videos and music available on the Internet.  Please add your most liked hymns from VU and MV.

I will start this with two versions of Draw the Circle Wide from More Voices.  I like the hymn, but I am also impressed by the quality of the sound, and the authenticity of these two versions recorded during church services with hand held Cameras.  In the first one the person drops the camera . The cameraman son who posted it apologised for his father. I found it cute and it added to the life. However IMHO the amateur nature the video gives it a special quality.

The Young Person's Justice Chorale UMC singing "Draw the Circle Wide" Music by Mark Miller with Words by Gordon Light sung at Foundry UMC on Jan. 18, 2009 

I also like this version: The Saint Mark United Methodist Church in Atlanta celebrates Pride Sunday by singing "Draw the Circle Wide."

Share this

Comments

chansen's picture

chansen

somegalfromcan wrote:

Great find Alex! Last week we had a youth service and one of the hymns was the first one on that page - I Need to Go. The youth got up and led us all in doing the actions during the chorus.

I find the action most kids forget is the hand washing.

Alex's picture

Alex

In honour of the new moderator an excellant  new version of 

Draw the Circle Wide

by the Lake Junaluska Music and Worship Arts Week Senior High Choir posted ast month on Youtube.

Mely's picture

Mely

Alex's picture

Alex

Go Make a Difference, More Voices 209 

The prior version of this song posted, is no longer avaialble/

Alex's picture

Alex

Voices United Has some good songs for funerals see http://www.hymnary.org/browse/topics/VU1996?page=2&subject1=Funerals%20and%20Memorial%20Services

As we prepare for the end, I will be posting funeral and memorial songs from Voices and More Voices. I invite you to do the same 

One of the Most Popular is The Lord is My Sheppard.  This one is a little more upbeat than the one usually sung in United Churches.

Voices United 747

See video

Enjoy

Alex's picture

Alex

A voice is heard in Ramah

MV 111. A traditional  Welsh melody set to ENglish

Very Beautiful and Haunting

See video

See video

Back to Church Life topics
cafe