UCCANWorshipDesk's picture

UCCANWorshipDesk

Worship Matters 2012: Worship and Spirituality

Hi everyone,

The Worship Desk is looking for worship leaders who are also spiritual directors/oblates or personally using spiritual practices on their own. You are invited to a retreat for dialogue with Janice Jean Springer, author of Nurturing Spiritual Depth in Christian Worship. This event will take place April 11-14 in St. John's Convent, Toronto and is a regional Worship Matters event. If you are interested please email me blschwab@united-church.ca . Registration is limited to 12 and we already have 2 registrants, including one from the US!

This could be the start of a liturgical revolution!

Share this

Comments

mrs.anteater's picture

mrs.anteater

What's  "The Worship Desk"?

GordW's picture

GordW

A position in the General Council Office AFAIK.  Betty-lynn Schwabb currently holds that position

mrs.anteater's picture

mrs.anteater

Thanks, I figured that much, but what is it for?

UCCANWorshipDesk

The Worship Desk, aka Office for Worship, Music and Spirituality, tends to and nurtures the worship life of our denomination. This is accomplished by organizing (and ensuring something is carried out) resources such as Gathering, events like Worship Matters, networking with groups such as Music United, representing our denomination in certain North American groups such as the Academy of Liturgy, etc. It is a wonderful, creative, busy ministry and a privilege for me to have been called to it after 26.5 years in pastoral ministry in the west.

mrs.anteater's picture

mrs.anteater

Thanks for the explanation. If the More Voices came from "your desk"- I really appreciate it!

UCCANWorshipDesk

Technically, More Voices is part of this portfolio but the folk who did all the hard work are listed on page 7. It was a joint project of Wood Lake Publishing and UCRD.  It has proven very popular and I am glad you appreciate it.

Mark MacLean was at the Desk at that time.

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Marked as spam.

GordW's picture

GordW

somegalfromcan wrote:

Marked as spam.

??????

paradox3's picture

paradox3

GordW,

The spam mentioned in somegalfromcan's post has now been removed.  I saw it earlier today ...P3

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

UCCANWorshipDesk wrote:

Hi everyone,

The Worship Desk is looking for worship leaders who are also spiritual directors/oblates or personally using spiritual practices on their own. You are invited to a retreat for dialogue with Janice Jean Springer, author of Nurturing Spiritual Depth in Christian Worship. This event will take place April 11-14 in St. John's Convent, Toronto and is a regional Worship Matters event. If you are interested please email me blschwab@united-church.ca . Registration is limited to 12 and we already have 2 registrants, including one from the US!

This could be the start of a liturgical revolution!

Sounds good -- what's the cost?

Back to Church Life topics