stardust's picture

stardust

Graeme Decarie on video - 2014 Countdown re NDP

Here's graeme talking about his favorite topic : the politics of  N.B. 

I hope that some of us will be interested enough to listen

to what he has to say. He gives a wonderful presentation via video.

Graeme's  blog

Share this

Comments

qwerty's picture

qwerty

Does graeme still come to wondercafe? I haven't seen anything by him in a long time.  I always enjoyed graeme's posts.

stardust's picture

stardust

qwerty

Graeme has no one to dialogue with on politics here anymore. I'm not very swift in this arena.

He writes  on the "last post" in social with a great sense of humour.

He's so outspoken about some political topics in N.B.  that I almost  fear for his life. He's got guts and courage!

Pinga's picture

Pinga

qwerty wrote:

I always enjoyed graeme's posts.

Well, maybe not always enjoyed, but I sure did appreciate them, though sometimes it was like, dang....you called me on that didn't you.

paradox3's picture

paradox3

stardust wrote:

He writes  on the "last post" in social with a great sense of humour.

There's an ongoing gag about him owing all the last posters a dinner. Interesting guy with a wonderful wit. 

Jim Kenney's picture

Jim Kenney

A good message!

stardust's picture

stardust

Go graeme go....!.....

He's too busy on his blog, no time for us commoners anymore. 

qwerty's picture

qwerty

Too bad graeme is not here any more.

I just put up the following post on my Faebook page ...

I've been thinking about Graeme Decarie and his blog. Graeme is a retired history professor (read his profile) and just a really interesting guy who is constantly testing, testing, testing the stories he finds in his newspaper against the historical record. He is endlessly entertaining and although the newspaper he reads originates in Moncton New Brunswick (which as Graeme will soon point out is a limiting circumstance), Graeme's ruminations quickly take you out into the world and to other times. If you are a connoisseur of current events (or of history) pay a visit to Graeme's blog "The Moncton Times@Transcript - Good and Bad" at http://themonctongrimes-dripdrain.blogspot.ca/

stardust's picture

stardust

Graeme writing on the last post in Social:

graeme's picture

graeme

image image

Being last is not important. the important thing is to be remembered  - and I have what is surely an unbeatable lead in that category. As well as in connections to sainthood.

Once cousin Zenon is sainted, that could be an inspiration to re-unit the United and the Roman Catholic churches - an event that would be commemmorated by an annual "Graeme Decarie Sunday".

Actually, graeme, we remember you because you still owe us a meal

graeme's picture

graeme

image image

saints don't owe meals.

stardust's picture

stardust

And from Google: R and F

Quote:

graeme's picture

graeme

image image

I had a relative who is now being considered for sainthood because of his miracles.

Reverend Zenon Decarie was from the RC side of the family. But I think it might be genetic. Sometimes, i feel the power. So, if you're feeling tired or sickly, drop me a note and receive a chart of my consulting fees.

graeme's picture

graeme

Wonderful chap, Decarie. But he was unable to connect with Wondercafe for ages until Aaron  saved him just now.

We are making our way through three blizzards and a day of freezing rain, with tonight scheduled for another heavy snow. I have actually seen snow piled as high as a telephone pole.

How do I keep in touch to find out if a new group is formed?

I assure you that however higher I may be in social rank, I remember the common people with sympathy and pity.

In two weeks, I start teaching a course which deal with the illusions we have about what really happened in history. It'll really be about thinking because it straddles the line between truth and our tendency to invent a more comfortable true.

In the course of it, we will touch on the Jewish, Canadian General in Sun Yat-Sen's army, two-gun Cohen, who was a remarkably charming, thieving, honest and reliable, opportunistic idealist.. He lived in Montreal for a time, and I got to know his brother-in-law.

And maybe I'll touch on great-great cousin Hector Decarie, who was world's strongest man for many years - and on another distant cousin, also a Decarie, who was deputy chief of the Quebec Nazi party in the 1930s.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

****waves at Graeme***

If you plan to pop in, there will be lots of notice as well as updates on all the "big threads" on the new site being open for business.

If you need a heads up when it happens, then maybe you could ask someone to contact you, or, if you would prefer, you could ask the new wondercafe2adm to notify you.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

(I am just aware of how much activity will be going on, so would like to keep as much of this type of activity away from the overhead the admins will be carrying, if at all possible)

stardust's picture

stardust

Here  he is.....!!!!...Graeme Decarie in person...the Lord of New Brunswick. He is a great humble Christian who is never given to promoting himself or his own interests.

Good video Graeme.

Good luck with your new upcoming history course. I hope its a success and well attended.

Back to Politics topics
cafe