graeme's picture

graeme

Romney could win

The weeks from now to the election will come as close to world war three as can be imagined - and quite possibly will cross the line. Netanyahu is determined to attack Iran. The American emprie is falling into desperate disarray, especially in the middle east, Afghanistan and Latin America.

The US can no longer raise enough troops to fight a conventional war on so many fronts. It has to rely ever more heavily on varieties of technology and bombing that kill large humbers of civilians.

The Republicans are making it even worse by using all this to play election games against Obama. If you want proof, go to recent google for recent columns by Mark Steyn *(Steyn is a gutter commentator who appeals to the worst of the lunatic mass of the american right. I believe he may be in national post - it's the natural kind of paper for him.)

Armies and navies are massing in the gulf region. And no-one can know the implications of that. We may be be facing disaster in the next few weeks. And if Romney wins, we will be facing it shortly after that.

The only question left is how great the disaster will be.

Share this

Comments

Rev. Steven Davis's picture

Rev. Steven Davis

I'm hoping for video!

John Wilson's picture

John Wilson

Rev. Steven Davis wrote:

MC jae wrote:

I'm projecting it now -- Romney will win.

I suspect Obama will actually win fairly comfortably, not necessarily in the popular vote but in the electoral vote, which is all that counts in the United States.

Ah, finally! The post of reason...and it turms out; accuracysmiley

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Just thinking you might want to cut it up and boil it first...to soften up the fibres...I wonder if mushed cotton tastes anthing like mashed potato? Or maybe a little stringier like mashed squash?

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Rev. Steven Davis wrote:

I'm hoping for video!

I too eagerly await that vid

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

revjohn wrote:

That's true you never did.  Care to share how you plan to eat your Tilley hat now that it is on the menu?

Your question is apt. It deserves a fit answer. However, I am not prepared at this time to offer one.

What I plan to do is to find the surface are of the hat, and then divide that area by the number of days America will (probably) spend in President Obama's second term. Once I find that number of square inches, I shall begin consuming a serving a day.

graeme's picture

graeme

It won't be necessary to overthrow any American president. They're too irrelelvant for that. A crackpot might try something. But he's quite safe from any people who have real power in the US.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi MC jae,

MC jae wrote:

Your question is apt. It deserves a fit answer. However, I am not prepared at this time to offer one.

That's fine MC jae, take as much time as you need.

I wouldn't waste much time calculating the surface area of the hat if I were in your place.  Swallowing your pride and admitting you were wrong in your prediction is as easy as you allow it.  It won't taste anywhere near as pleasant as your Tilley would taste.  One swallow and it is done though.

Eating a perfectly good Tilley means that you have to buy another one.

Swallow your pride now and you can have it back in less than an hour.

Grace and peace to you.

John

chemgal's picture

chemgal

Does anyone else still watch Grey's Anatomy?  Parker reminds me of Romney.

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

Just wondering .... what happened to that evangelical prophecy thing?

Seems that there were so many prophecies made and even one by MCJae......

Something doesnt seem right here ...... Isn't there something in the bible about prophecies that turn out wrong ..... and something else about false prophets???

MC Jae might be be safer crossing the floor to chansen's side LOLwinkcheeky

I do hope the levity is taken for what it is smiley

Regards

Rita

kaythecurler's picture

kaythecurler

I read that Romney's 'team' are whining that the storm in New York, and Obabma's response to it, gave an advantage to him.  One of my FB postings suggested that possibly God sent the storm for that purpose - it could be that God wanted Obama's 'team' to win!.

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

...hmmmm ... God does seem to be good at storms..... and rather partial to them as well......

... a chansen thought ..... would that be like a WMD?

Those seem really good when they are on the "God" side ..... then they are not WMDs ... I suppose they are WGDs

Not so much when they are on the "evil doers" side.......

Just had to comment smiley

Rita

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

*giggle* Yah Rita, didn't you see that documentary aboot us Earthans finally finding where G_d lives and trying to take that murderous sociopath out?

See video

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

revjohn wrote:
,,,Swallowing your pride and admitting you were wrong in your prediction is as easy as you allow it.  It won't taste anywhere near as pleasant as your Tilley would taste.  One swallow and it is done though.

Where's the fun in that?

Now, obviously I admit that my forecast was incorrect. I called for sunny weather and yet down came the rain.

I'm a man of my word revjohn. I shall digest my chapeau.

Rich blessings. 

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

RitaTG wrote:

Something doesnt seem right here ...... Isn't there something in the bible about prophecies that turn out wrong ..... and something else about false prophets???

Regards

Rita

chansen should be so blessed.

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

MC jae wrote:

RitaTG wrote:

Regards

Rita

So you are going to chansen's side ???? ... or are you going to take the punishment of a false prophet???

Inquiring minds want to know!! smiley

Rita

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

RitaTG wrote:

MC jae wrote:

RitaTG wrote:

Regards

Rita

So you are going to chansen's side ???? ... or are you going to take the punishment of a false prophet???

Inquiring minds want to know!! smiley

Rita

Stuff it Rita. I made no claim to be a prophet. I made no claim to be forseeing events in any prophetic way. Get off my case.

chansen's picture

chansen

MC jae wrote:

RitaTG wrote:

Regards

Rita

You wouldn't like it over here. We predict elections using polls and statistical analysis. We form our opinions using the best evidence we can get our hands on. 

graeme's picture

graeme

We form our opinions using the best evidence we can get our hands on?

1. The best evidence can be found only by familiarity with sources of evidence.

2. such evidence is not available in most (all) of the popular news media.

3. Few people have the ability to appraise such sources. And Very, very few indeed are prepared to spend the required time examining such sources - even if they could evaluate them. Newspapers sell on the sports,, gossip, horoscope and motherly advice sections.

4. That means most opinion on based on ignorance, bigotry, fear, manipulation.....

Polls and statistical analysis can be very effective in foretelling results. If you take the trouble to look for them, there are also polls which show how absymally ignorant we are about our electoral choices.

Back to Politics topics