Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Ian Barbour, 1923-2013

Just found out that Ian Barbour died on Christmas Eve. I encountered his writing in a course on Science and Religion that I took at St. Paul's College, the United Church affiliate college at University of Waterloo. I think it was Science and Religion (1968) but might have been the earlier (1966) Issues in Science and Religion. I forget the prof's name, but it was also the course where I first ran into process theology. It definitely shaped my thinking on the relationship between science and religion for a time, though perhaps not so much today.

Mendalla

Share this

Comments

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

In the drive for excellence and success there must be something divided into winners and losers ... and do the winners drag the lose-Ayres along with them ... or shove them in the ditch? Could that something be nothing like the Arab peak experience in the wilderness ... as ۸, or was that ۷ ? In Greek: V's and inverted use as Capital Lambda ... not often understood today as people don't look for upswing of faults and RIFTs of peak experience! These things can break you right up in other ways, especially whn observing people that refuse intellect ... just plainly denied in the tree of logos, that's down and dirty as gnomon!

That could be h-eight or nine/nein depending on the phonetic expression ... it has slipped my mind kohl-i in Freudian fashion! What's h'eight ... but the infinite need to conquer love what A'Donis failed to do when going up against the filly's tiye'n trend of making connections. Such is the beautiful mind (psyche) when immersed in balance thought in the veil, a fabrication of the mind as conjecture about sects? The Romans hated this act as it interfered with war ... the myths about it are endless ... but the Shadow prevailed ... hidden in Ur ... a primal çow sometimes referred to as ð-owager if you can grasp eastern metaphor from the forbidden citii (far away chaos of wisdom)? It's a timeless event ...

What happens when the world is overfilled with losers? Time to read Gladwell's David and Goliath ... and about the inverse "U" theory (gives rise to n's or nun). It is enough to displace enough of your emotional baggage to allow some thoughtful input! This is theory of the mind ... an interesting thing to Google as some extreme scientists and extremely pious people don't believe the mind, or psychic medium, should be used to awaken magi-light (magic?) from the word ... or said differently be numb, not literate ... then it is easier on the winners of history and no one will know the divine difference in the two polities,  once in and one's out!

Someone said the distance between them is a thin red line in alien places ... blood lust ... humur us love? It is all in how you arrange the pieces of a construct of psyche, or is that a constuct've mind? The specrtre-eM of metaphors and entendres to hide the soul of the damned thing is endless. Amused even CS Lewis ... he knew: "The Magi-c Goes ON" although we may not see it if you have no concern for unseen losers in an overly emotional world driven by fears of being unsatisfactory (a private concern) and nothing to do with with the darker illiteracy of the greater pool that is grossly uninformed about ethics.

After all how would we learn without gross scroo ups? It's a bo' chi conjecture, just imagined thought on the fly ... UFO's!

Can any common person explain the real difference between morals in the Shadowy pool and upstanding ethics bought about by rare wisdom. Such thoughts are out there scattered for an enterprising individual of a different mind-set (sed'Ur) to feast upon. This was once considered ecclesia ... but that changed too when tribal mentality about beating on the neigh person re-emerged! Such is the backflash of mental light in time for the end ... sometimes called reflection of extreme nature as your whole life goes by you as you worshipped the cutting down of the tree of logic without any thoughtful medium of where the cutting should be mediated.

The Romans encouraged cutting ... especially in the arena ... thinking mediums soon escaped the frey ... martyrdom at it's best in a suicidal social for'm (form of in-humanity) with loss of what be half of the Golden Rule ... under the rule of divide and conquer ... and the other god (in-essense) said if we allow them to lose their minds .. I will not be responsible for human destruction ... this is our legacy! Does that whet your soul for a gathering of wits in subtle  manner of what thought has been downgraded?

PS: Excuse the profusion of words, as if this was said plainly it would appear to people that I had a thought ... and on both poles ... I'D be wrong! If I said such a thing I'D be too close to the truth in a population, eM, The Children of the Lie! ... Dr. Scott Peck as corrupted insider? He was just testing an outside theory ... myth, or conjecture of the mind ... an imaginary thing as yet abstract (or incomplete)! Just imagine there's moor to come ... increased ups and downs in the next stage of the unseen quanta of gammos! That's dark that we fear ... contrary to biblical form that says no less than 366 times: "have no fear!" Is that assimilated by in-humane authority? Sort of cuts a line in the san (pas, myth or other that's beyond us) ... a balanced medium in the middle ground ... medi-ochre? Internal to physical place ... do you recall me saying that an atom is mostly empty space ... making matter generally such a hollow impression ... a'mire scion in the dark ... listen well my child ... there's something tuit! I don't know though, knowing is illegal, immoral and unethical in common folk ... in statisical analysis does this give the earth weight as ignorant, stupid, innocent or or not really dependable place to extend a thought? For people who claim to hate cynicism ... the powers are quite cynical about thought, wisdom and said process.

Does this leave room for alteration of thought ... a bit of hope of a different kind as divisive faith that's there's moor out there ... sort sounds peculiar if your an unmovable stone eh-bi? Is that a stoic word or what? You do learn that they are redactable ... people have been chipping away at them for many millenia! Nothing is fixed but de'ath and taxation ... eventually you lose it all and will be as the hebrew said ultimated Wise as you are stopped and allowed to look back in a flash of unearthy emotion about knowing! It is something irresistable in the myth ... insatable curio citii? Comes in 3's and comes out in 6's while constructing nu sole ... a proliferating activity in a mortal place because they don't know beta! ß' ethyl'eM an etheral light ... found buried in the Shadow or otherwise subtle ... to those in high-Eire ventures ... will cause them to gasp when too far gone ... omega'di idn't Gnoe!

As previously stated things are not as they appear to the superficial ... some subtle nature is required to be roamed about ... and taled about ... stimulates the hinder portion of the soul as occi-pede-al a dark peddling of wisdom in the Shadow of word? Those riding the wave won't believe it ...

Back to Religion and Faith topics