crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

Peace of Jesus

Jesus’ promise never fades:
Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Where is the Peace that Jesus gave us?

Share this

Comments

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Consider the improbability of the metaphor of God, traveller, soul, Allah, Buddy, Buddha, vertego spin or any other movement in a fixed, or stoice brain ...

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

When thae phai Di lass hums does chi raise an aroma in de pews?

The de-brained corpse? Someone said the Classic Egyptians did this as a copying of the Master Mind recalling lost thoughts as displaced Christianity ... brains were placed in a pickle in a red jar or Jared as an Egyptian emotional phtttzz ... like epi leaps when the brain comes about ... some timesyou can see the ones that are gone with a bit of abstract testing ...

kaythecurler's picture

kaythecurler

Jae - you say of those who call themselves Christian -

"Such individuals are born anew into a new way of living, a new way of being, filled with compassion and love. By giving themselves to the divine, they can then give themselves selflessly to the service of others."  I can only respond 'in my observations this applies to those of any, or no, religious belief. Most of the truly kind, generous and life affirming people I know do not think of themselves as Christian'

Are we special? Who says so? is Crazyheart's contribution.  Indeed, in my way of thinkin everyone is special, a unique individual with gifts to offer the world and those who live in it.   This isn't restricted to Christians alone.

Jae adds "The people in the most advantageous place are those who have surrendered themselves to the spirit of the Christ. When I say this, I am not just speaking of their time or their possessions, but rather their very selves, their beings, their life-essences. Such individuals are born anew into a new way of living, a new way of being, filled with compassion and love. By giving themselves to the divine, they can then give themselves selflessly to the service of others."   Again, from my own observations it is the people who have the least advantage who are most likely to be superbly generous.  Studies bear this out - lower income people tend to give a higher percentage of their 'little' than high income people give of their 'abundance'.

Mendalla -could you elaborate a bit on your words?  I am trying to think of any advantage to the world of having a group called Christians "'set apart".  It seems to me that it is when humans draw together that we experience changes and inprovements.

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Are born-again  Christians enlightened, lifted?

What of the supportive bunch that are more subtle in process and support; does that daemonish thoughts or just bring emotions to a point ... a tool of the devil for poking somnolent  entities ... 

Back to Religion and Faith topics
cafe