graeme's picture

graeme

What is aid?

As I was walking home from Occupy Moncton, I passed a building surrounded by a very medieval looking iron fence - and I wondered...

If this were the home of a cruel baron who tied women to the fence, and whipped one every day, leaving her overnight tied to the iron railing, would sneaking up at night and applying some appointment be considered an adequate Christian response?

we live in a world very much like that "baron's" railing, only worse with mass murder, plundering, greed, imposed starvation...

I know we send aid.

But is that an adequate Christian response?

I spend the day with hundreds of people who were trying to get at the root of a problem. In this case is is the mass murder, plundering, greed and imposed starvation made possible by 1.the collapse of "democracy" in the "democratic" world, and the turning over of 2. power to corporate bosses.

It seemed to me that if the church wanted to end the suffering of that woman, it shouldn't send some ointment. It should address the cause of the problem.

Today, I met lots of wonderfully Christian people (some of whom were atheists).

I think Jesus was there.

But I didn't notice his clergy.

Share this

Comments

EasternOrthodox's picture

EasternOrthodox

No, of course I don't mean social Darwinism.  I mean plain old evolution.  It is by no means always a gentle process.

As to Homo Sapiens greatly altering the environment with farming, there I would agree 100%.  

Some even argue that life was better for people as hunter-gatherers.   Once people started farms, the population greatly expanded.  So people were living close together along with their domesticated animals, causing viruses to jump from the animals to the humans, bringing us assorted nasty diseases.

Too late to go back now though.

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Viruses from animal to thoughtless  ape?

Is that high bred process?

Something has to end for something to begin in a mortal space?

Is there another side to this alien's Tory of crossing lines ... Bi Lateral Incident in Time? Could extend to snow flakes ... cool thoughts of Isis? Now there's a fixation ... institution of thought in space as we move about it? Perspective is a diminishing power ... as viewed thro' the Ais of beholden the mire a'cle of aTOLL ... yah pays for what yah gets? 

Then there's than concept of giving it all ... a greater love than a mortal can conceive? Jah Zeus did you see that coming?

Is conception like a vergen thoughts ... light medium ... it's static ... mortal is motive ... stirs everything into a froth ... rhime of the ancients ... alternate choas to wild emotions ...

Peace to aL ... that's just over head ... ouda sight ... down here!

Back to Religion and Faith topics
cafe