wondercafe2adm's picture

wondercafe2adm

WC2 : Things that go beep, boop, and ping - Technical updates thread

Okay, while we are boring you to tears with this governance stuff, the development of Wondercafe2 continues unabated.

To date we have:

• Installed and started configuring the software
  • Done some testing of basic functions
  • Reviewed a first draft of the design
  • Saved chansen from himself cheeky

We will post new updates in this thread as they arise so that you are aware of what the team is up to. This is also the thread where you can ask questions about those updates or the technology.

Wondercafe2 Admin Team: chansen, Pinga, Mendalla

Share this

Comments

chemgal's picture

chemgal

I like it.  The basic stuff is easy.  There are some decent privacy options.  There are options I haven't really explored, but they shouldn't interfer with anything if someone isn't interested in them.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Mendalla wrote:

Honestly, Jae? If IT people rather than marketing people ran things, Apple and Android would be well behind Blackberry. They've been doing this smartphone thing longer and know how to build one that is secure, robust, and capable. I'll take a Blackberry Q10 over an iPhone any day, with a Galaxy or Nexus falling somewhere in between. Hell, I'll take my four year-old Bold 9780 over an iPhone. Alas, I am likely to be getting the Galaxy since I pack company heat and the app we want to use for our CRM system isn't developing for BB.

Mendalla

If Blackberry is so wonderful Pinga and Mendalla (all I really know is that they're having financial difficulties) what are your opinions on why they failed to produce phones that capture consumer dollars? Of the major operating systems they are in last place.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

There was a hard issue between their security and control of apps -- that was one issue -- the model to get an approved app for BB was broken.

They were also late to market on their 10 models, due to lots of infighting.

Took their eyes off the target.

iPhone did a great job of targeting sales/marketing executives.  They stole the market from them.

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Because technical quality doesn't sell devices to consumers. Cool gadgets and marketing campaigns do. If technical quality is what made things sell, we should all be running UNIX or Linux on our desktops.

Mendalla

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Unix is fine for db servers.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

chemgal wrote:

I like it.  The basic stuff is easy.  There are some decent privacy options.  There are options I haven't really explored, but they shouldn't interfer with anything if someone isn't interested in them.

I just wanted to do a shout for ChemGal.

She is doing a fabulous job of testing functionality and writing instructions.

Awesome work that I am sure some of you will appreciate.

(Each of us has our own style of learning, some will point, click, break, and learn by doing, others will want to read all the tips being placed)

Back to Church Life topics
cafe