sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

CFL playoffs - GREY CUP 2011

anyone else watching??

i'm actually kind of enjoying it this year... my roughriders aren't in contention, so i can just watch the games and critique the plays!!

kinda nice, actually!!

right now, its winnipeg vs. hamilton in the eastern final... its COLD, and that is really influencing the game.  as much as buck pierce wants to say he doesn't need gloves, i'd be surprised if he didn't put some on while he is on the sidelines a littel later on...

Share this

Comments

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

winnipeg interception...

and theres the game.  winnipeg is on their way to the grey cup!!!

although i'd love to see bc play the grey cup at home, i don't think that they can beat edmonton... ricky ray has been pretty hot.

i'm just glad that i've only got a few more minutes to have to put up with rod blacks play by play... GAWD that guy is nauseating to listen to.  its like nails on a chalkboard for me.

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

Ti Cats looked pretty pathetic today.  Afer last week's 52 points, they managed one whole field goal?  Sad....

Agreed, re Rod Back.  Never a 4-inch piece of duct tape around when you need one.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

ROTFLMAO!!!

please PLEASE don't let him be calling the plays for the grey cup...

half time in the western final... HOLY CRAP is travis lulay on!!  but the edmonton defence is getting so many penalties its not like he has to work all that hard.

if that edmonton coach can't get his defensive line under control, they don't stand a chance.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

BC vs. WINNIPEG!!!

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Not a football fan (at least not the American/Canadian variety, soccer I'm somewhat into) but too bad about Hamilton. I was a Hamiltonian for almost 10 years of my life so kind cheer for the Cats in a half-hearted sort of way.

Mendalla

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Like Mendalla, I'm not a football fan, but as a British Columbian I feel I must cheer for the Lions.

"Come on and roar you Lions roar..."

Alex's picture

Alex

What is this CFL?   devil

GordW's picture

GordW

Would have been nice if the Eskimos had decided to show up and play.....

Beloved's picture

Beloved

somegalfromcan wrote:

but as a British Columbian I feel I must cheer for the Lions.

"Come on and roar you Lions roar..."

And as a Manitoban I feel I must cheer for the Blue Bombers smiley.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

grey cup sunday is a comin'....

predictions?? 

i gotta go with bc to win, but it will be a very close game.

Beloved's picture

Beloved

Although I will be cheering for Manitoba/Blue Bombers (of course!) I think BC is going to win.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

GREY CUP SUNDAY!!

awesome.  i'm going to a grey cup party at a friends house here in winnipeg... so it'll be wall to wall blue and gold.

i am SO HAPPY to be back in a CFL city!!  i have really missed this!!

Alex's picture

Alex

What is this Grey Cup?wink  Was it once white and did it get dirty with age. Or was it black and is now faded? Also why does it have it's own Sunday?cheeky

I also though all our planes that dropped bombs were Grey not blue? And are they not in NOva Scotia and BC?

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

The only Grey Cup I'm interested in is a cup of Earl Grey. laugh

Mendalla

RevMatt's picture

RevMatt

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/playoffs/

For anyone wanting to watch.

Stupid Lions.

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Thanks Matt - glad to see the Lions are winning right now.

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Congrats to the BC Lions - a victory at home!

Alex's picture

Alex

They have lions in BC. Are they still eating Christians? Perhaps these Blue Bombers  are actually just code for Christians?  That could explain why I see so few of them around. 

Howver I am know having some sort memory recall about something call a "Roughrider" Something terrible must have happened to have blocked out this memory.  All I can remember through is taking a "Blue" pill so that I would not remebr. Strangely evryone else in Ottawa I have talked to about theis "CFL" also can not remebr anything, except taking a "blue" pill to forget?  And a strange feeling of embarrassment and shame that I share with evryone who has vague emories of a "Blue" pill.

RevMatt's picture

RevMatt

Poop.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

wow... travis lulay was great.  he'll probably be off to the NFL during the offseason...

the bombers defence was pretty good, but buck pierce has got to go... he was just awful.  what do they use to keep his helmet on, bubblegum??  i saw his helmet come off twice...

i don't know who makes the chin straps for the blue bombers' helmets, but they gotta get a better supplier... 

Beloved's picture

Beloved

Watched the game at home with my family.  Had KFC for supper.  Rooted for Winnipeg to the end, but it wasn't mean to be.  Congratulations BC Lions! 

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

The saddest thing now, is that we have to spend the rest of the winter with no CFL or CIS football to watch.  All that's left is that pale imitation game they play south of us, on those dinky little fields, with that silly fourth down thing.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

tell me about it.

if we just keep the faith, maybe we can get through it together, though...

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

and hey, NO RIOTS!!

well done, vancouver!!

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

sighsnootles wrote:

and hey, NO RIOTS!!

well done, vancouver!!

ROFL! Indeed - congrats Vancouver!

RevMatt's picture

RevMatt

Football fans are way smarter and more cultured than hockey fans.

Hey, did you hear that Cavillo has officially retired?  That's the passing of an era.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

NO... really??

that is indeed the end of an era... that man was the most brilliant QB i have ever watched. 

which is sayin' something, cause normally when i watched, he was beating the rider defence.  the way he could pick apart a defence made your jaw drop. 

him and cahoon were just magic out there.

sighsnootles's picture

sighsnootles

somegalfromcan wrote:

sighsnootles wrote:

and hey, NO RIOTS!!

well done, vancouver!!

ROFL! Indeed - congrats Vancouver!

apparently, some winnipeg fan posted a sign at the airport in vancouver which said

'welcome to vancouver!!  you'll have a riot!!'

THAT is classic.

Back to Popular Culture topics