InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

it's that time again, the 2012 elections!

genties & ladlemen,

some of you may have heard that that den of passion, that collection of countries called the Ewe Ess Eh is having another election to determine WHO WILL BE THE NEXT RESIDENT OF THE EWE ESS EH (cue reverb).

In the Ewe Ess Eh, their elections are spectacles, are a participatory sport where people get their passion on and out to show to everyone.

WOOT!

And the candidates!  They read like slash fiction

Here are some of them

The right winger who even Leftie Canadians were happy aboot (almost like their own PM was being elected)

a self-published author and blogger (internet, your time has come)

a southern baptist with really nothing known aboot him and who doesn't give interviews!

someone running on a platform of zombie apocalypse awareness

a christian who would personally undergo a full sex change operation to save a preaborted fetus' life

a member of the government who is an ardent activist criticizing the federal government

a Catholic open swinger

someone who openly believes in UFOs and whose policies actually make sense

a member of a racist UFO cult

a homosexual/bisexual christian who apparently self-loathes

you can see more! wonders and amazements HERE and HERE

does anyone here have any favourites? hopes? riffs?  music?  videos?  bueller?

Share this

Comments

Rowan's picture

Rowan

I make an especial point of staying away from TV and most American News websites during USA election years.

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

The Republican slate is one of the worst rosters of candidates any party has put up since ... Well ... The 2008 Republican race. If this the best the GOP can do I'd hate to see the worst. My son is a budding pundit and insists on watching the damn thing incessantly. He's even picked Ron Paul as his favorite (he likes the libertarianism).

Frankly, this election is going to be Obama's to lose and if somehow a member of the GOP freakshow ends up in the Oval Office, the Dems will have to do some serious soul searching before 2016. I'm not Obama's biggest fan but there's no freakin' way he should lose to these clowns.

Mendalla

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Mendalla wrote:
The Republican slate is one of the worst rosters of candidates any party has put up since ... Well ... The 2008 Republican race. If this the best the GOP can do I'd hate to see the worst. My son is a budding pundit and insists on watching the damn thing incessantly. He's even picked Ron Paul as his favorite (he likes the libertarianism). Frankly, this election is going to be Obama's to lose and if somehow a member of the GOP freakshow ends up in the Oval Office, the Dems will have to do some serious soul searching before 2016. I'm not Obama's biggest fan but there's no freakin' way he should lose to these clowns. Mendalla

*giggle*  The Republican slate reminds me of the Legion of Doom.  Remember them?  Gorilla Grodd, Black Manta, Toyman...HIPPIES :3

My current 'serious' fav is Ron Paul 'cause he's the only one I heard so far who is actually talking instead of making slogans...

My current all round favourite is a Dem who you can see why I really like him and want him to win

Vermin Supreme

Any of your hosts yakking aboot the coming election?

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Rowan wrote:

I make an especial point of staying away from TV and most American News websites during USA election years.

it must be hard sometimes :3

Oh, and DR WHO!

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

US will become you ass if any of the reps get in (except Ron Paul, who is the only remotely reasonable voice. He doesn't stand a chance).

Problem is, I find our current gov't here surreal enough and it's turned me into a conspiracy theorist and I can no longer claim Canadian high ground. Hey, our Science Minister is a chiropractor and Harper's goon, Dean Del Maestro is a used car salesman. I expect the reps will take over Canada too. What is wrong with people?

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

ninjafaery wrote:

US will become you ass if any of the reps get in (except Ron Paul, who is the only remotely reasonable voice. He doesn't stand a chance).

Problem is, I find our current gov't here surreal enough and it's turned me into a conspiracy theorist and I can no longer claim Canadian high ground. Hey, our Science Minister is a chiropractor and Harper's goon, Dean Del Maestro is a used car salesman. I expect the reps will take over Canada too. What is wrong with people?

*giggle*  now i've got the image of you in some Jane Goodallémarge mead gear but with a tin foil hat asking questions of various hominids :3

jon71's picture

jon71

I saw a comment recently by Gov. Rick Perry saying it was the weakest Republican field in 80 years and they still kicked his @$$.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

jon71 wrote:

I saw a comment recently by Gov. Rick Perry saying it was the weakest Republican field in 80 years and they still kicked his @$$.

so how are you liking/not liking the 2012 elections so far?

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

i didn't know he was such a gamer

jon71's picture

jon71

It's pretty entertaining. I support Pres. Obama and I feel very good that he will win easy.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

the US is NEVER boring

they've even got DEAD candidates

(in case that might offend, maybe a more palatable term might be 'differently existed'?)

VOTE for Aleister Crowley 2012

here's a promo vid

there is even a presidential debate between POTUS candidate Vermin Supreme & Aleister Crowley available for viewing

(and in case anyone gets confused aboot the USA, it isn't a country but a Continent -- a land mass that is chock full of countries...)

Back to Popular Culture topics