Pinga's picture

Pinga

Laptop / Tablet -- whats your choice?

Folks

For those who purchased in the last couple of years, what did you buy? Why?

Share this

Comments

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

ooo, i've played with those before, Pinga...i like how you can choose to use them either as a tablet or a laptop-type dealie

and i think i visited a kind of Heaven yesterday...my brother has been visiting, so i've been spending the whole week just walking around the cities of the lower mainland...like g_d, today i am resting my poor achy feets & legs and other bits...

so we go to Oakridge, which has morphed over the years into a rich-lah-de-dah mall...he goes to the Apple Store, which from the outside has NO WORDS marking it as such, just clear glass, the apple logo, and some neet computer/art...and inside, i swear, there is one staff member FOR EVERY CUSTOMER and the store was PACKED...they were very pleasant too...

is this a store of the future?  with old fashioned customer service?  and a genius bar at back? :3

Pinga's picture

Pinga

I don't know Inawhinsey  I am not a mac person.

Corolla yes. Important to keep up with changing technologies I hope to be proficient and have machine loaded by next travel date. i am conscions of how much corporate America has access to when I use my corporate laptop for personal items on the road. As I wish to access my google drive to do wondercafe2 work, I figured now is as good a time as any.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

oh, i'm neither a mac nor a PC person (though i have been involved in those religions...)

i think it is perhaps a design choice with the store?  i've noticed that clothing stores have slowly changed from packing as much as you can to being more spacious?

or something like Safeway, going from those narrow aisles with food packed up to Heaven and into wider aisles, well-lit produce in wooden bins...

who knows, maybe there will be a WC meatspace store someday...:3 which will probably be a bunch of people willing to have conversations with passerby

which reminds me, i came across this brilliant bit

See video

Back to Popular Culture topics
cafe