Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Identical Twins Adopted from China Grow Up 400 km Apart

"The situation is as rare as it is fascinating: Lily and Gillian are one of only a handful of twin pairs in the world known to be growing up in this way — apart, yet together. They are an accidental experiment, giving researchers a new window into human behaviour by allowing them to study the effects of nature and nurture in real-time. For science, Lily and Gillian are a treasure.

And for the people raising them — strangers thrown together by extraordinary circumstances — the unusual arrangement has made them pioneers of a whole new kind of blended family. They are making up the rules as they go." (source: http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/article/1140038--identical-twins-adopted-from-china-by-two-different-ontario-families-grow-up-400-km-apart#.T1Lsuh_aCvt.facebook

Where there is love then there is family.

Share this

Comments

gecko46's picture

gecko46

That's a wonderful story.  Read it in Saturday's Star. 

Northwind's picture

Northwind

Jae, thank you for sharing this story. I do adoption work, and have been involved with families who have adopted from China. The day I read this first, I had a client who was a twin. The other twin has just moved out of town, and this person was missing their sibling considerably. LIke they had lost a body part, I think. I told the twin about the story and that person liked it. I think they might check it out.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Northwind wrote:

Jae, thank you for sharing this story. I do adoption work, and have been involved with families who have adopted from China. The day I read this first, I had a client who was a twin. The other twin has just moved out of town, and this person was missing their sibling considerably. LIke they had lost a body part, I think. I told the twin about the story and that person liked it. I think they might check it out.

Yes, Northwind, I have heard that it is like missing a body part when one twin misses the other. Imagine being that close to someone. Props to you for your adoption work.

Northwind's picture

Northwind

I can't even begin to imagine that. I wonder too, what the consequences will be on this.

Back to Relationships topics
cafe