unsafe's picture

unsafe

Casting Out Our Hope Having Producing Faith As Our Hook

I believe God Kind of Faith Produces what it says it does ----I believe God's Word is to be put into action to produce what Life God wants us to live ---Do you ??  

Strong's Concordance
pistis: faith, faithfulness

Original Word: πίστις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pistis
Phonetic Spelling: (pis'-tis)
Short Definition: faith, belief, trust
Definition: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

Faith (4102/pistis) is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people. In short, 4102/pistis ("faith") for the believer is "God's divine persuasion" – and therefore distinct from human belief 

God kind of Faith brings our hopes from the unseen into this seen realm -----The bible says that Faith is the substance of the thing we hope for -----This word substance in Greek is hupostasis ----this is from Strong's Concordance ----

Strong's Concordance

hupostasis: a support, substance, steadiness, hence assurance

Original Word: ὑπόστασις, εως, ἡ

Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine

Transliteration: hupostasis

Phonetic Spelling: (hoop-os'-tas-is)

Short Definition: assurance, substance, reality

Definition: (lit: an underlying), (a) confidence, assurance, (b) a giving substance (or reality) to, or a guaranteeing, (c) substance, reality.

For the believer, 5287 /hypóstasis ("title of possession") is the Lord's guarantee to fulfill the faith He inbirths (cf. Heb 11:1 with Heb 11:6). Indeed we are only entitled to what God grants faith for (Ro 14:23).

So Faith is our guarantee that what we hope for will come to pass -----as long as it goes along with what God has promised in His word -----If we hope to win the lottery--worldly wealth or anything else that goes against God's word then the Faith you have is not from God -----and if your hope is fulfilled it will probable end up causing you grief in the end -----the fruit you bear will be of bad fruit -----God's Faith that produces will always bear good fruit and bring a peaceful happy ending -----

Jeremiah 29:11

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

11 I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.

So our Hope is not seen because it is in the future ------

Romans 8:24

24 We were saved with this hope in mind. If we hope for something we already see, it’s not really hope. Who hopes for what can be seen?

Hope is the fishing Line that we through out and Faith is the Fish hook that brings the unseen fish into the seen where we can actually ---Taste when it is food --see --touch-- -feel and smell ----what we hoped to catch would appear -----Now you can cast out your line with your hook and not catch a fish this to me is human hope with no substance ------

John 21

Jesus Appears to His Disciples Again

3 Simon Peter said to the others, "I’m going fishing."

They told him, "We’re going with you."

They went out in a boat but didn’t catch a thing that night. 4 As the sun was rising, Jesus stood on the shore. The disciples didn’t realize that it was Jesus.

5 Jesus asked them, "Friends, haven’t you caught any fish?"

They answered him, "No, we haven’t."

6 He told them, "Throw the net out on the right side of the boat, and you’ll catch some." So they threw the net out and were unable to pull it in because so many fish were in it.

The net was the hope --Jesus said this to them -------Throw the net out and He gave instructions as to what side they should through the hope out on ----they did what Jesus said they responded -The acted out their Faith ---and the Faith produced what was hoped for -----

The Bible is much more than just a Book --It's words are alive and active and will produce what it says if we just follow the instructions and put our Faith into action -----Faith without works is dead according to scripture -----Our Faith needs the right corresponding action to what we are hoping for ----

Romans 12:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

We have to be patient when we don't see our hope right away ----and keep praying on what we hope for -----

It is not easy to be following Jesus and His ways --it is very trying and takes great patience and work on our part as there will be many things that will try and get our attention off of the hope we are tring to get ---Satan will work-- pull out all he knows to keep us from getting our hope produced --- he will attack our Faith --if it is not grounded and rooted in us --

Matthew 13:20-22

20 The seed planted on rocky ground is the person who hears the word and accepts it at once with joy. 21 Since he doesn’t have any root, he lasts only a little while. When suffering or persecution comes along because of the word, he immediately falls from faith. 22 The seed planted among thornbushes is another person who hears the word. But the worries of life and the deceitful pleasures of riches choke the word so that it can’t produce anything.

I believe God's word is alive and active and will always do as it says if we follow the instructions ----Do you ?

Praise God for giving us His word that works in our lives today ------Peace to all

Share this

Comments

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

airclean .... my opinion is that indeed you are wrong....

I feel that it has been adequately demonstrated here that unsafe is not telling us anything that is near the truth about true faith in God.....

Mind you a lot of scripture is quoted .... and that so blatantly out of context as to be embarassing...

Both of you present yourselves here as being authorities and experts.

You are not... It has been well demonstrated you are not....

Rather than coming here to discuss, learn, and appreciate other points of view unsafe and yourself come here to correct us.   The history of threads and posts by both of you speaks volumes to that.

I do hope that someday unsafe and you actually get a glimpse of what faith really is.

Hopefully soon the Holy Spirit will indeed get through to you....

Now as for dear Saul_now_Paul ......

My goodness you are obsessed with piranhas!

You always seem to have a burr under your saddle ..... I feel sorry for you.

I wish you joy....... you don't strike me as a happy person.....

May there be some gentleness and sunshine come into your life....

Regards

Rita

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi blackbelt

It is not the preachers who are saying it it is God's word ----they preach the word blackbelt ---you will have to talk to God about the danger of it it you don't believe His Word -----the word says what it says ---The word says it is no good to be double minded ----and that you will not get anything from God ---so if that is what you want then stay as your are ---we can blame the preachers if we want to but all they are doing is preaching the word -----We humans are good at blaming others so we don't have to change what we are doing ourselves ----

James 1:6-8

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind.

For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord,

[For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable anduncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides].

Peace to you ---

airclean33's picture

airclean33

RitaTG wrote:

airclean .... my opinion is that indeed you are wrong....

I feel that it has been adequately demonstrated here that unsafe is not telling us anything that is near the truth about true faith in God.....

Mind you a lot of scripture is quoted .... and that so blatantly out of context as to be embarassing...

Both of you present yourselves here as being authorities and experts.

You are not... It has been well demonstrated you are not....

Rather than coming here to discuss, learn, and appreciate other points of view unsafe and yourself come here to correct us.   The history of threads and posts by both of you speaks volumes to that.

I do hope that someday unsafe and you actually get a glimpse of what faith really is.

Hopefully soon the Holy Spirit will indeed get through to you....

Now as for dear Saul_now_Paul ......

My goodness you are obsessed with piranhas!

You always seem to have a burr under your saddle ..... I feel sorry for you.

I wish you joy....... you don't strike me as a happy person.....

May there be some gentleness and sunshine come into your life....

Regards

Rita

Hi RitaTG-- You seem to have a lot of things that bother you.I am kind of surprised your still posting here. I disagree with almost all you'v said . I also hope one day you will truly find The Living GOD. I have lisoned to you, and tryed to help you in your walk. But as I'v said many times here .Your walk is yours . GOD will Judge us all one day.  We can but try are best.---airclean33

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

unsafe wrote:

Hi blackbelt

It is not the preachers who are saying it it is God's word

i would have to disagree with you, it is the preachers interpertation of Gods word that is the problem, St Paul himslef speaks about his double mind, we all have it , so do the preachers.

Quote:

you will have to talk to God about the danger of it it you don't believe His Word -----the word says what it says ---The word says it is no good to be double minded

I do believe Gods word, I do not believe all preachers 

Quote:

----and that you will not get anything from God ---so if that is what you want then stay as your are ---we can blame the preachers if we want to but all they are doing is preaching the word -----We humans are good at blaming others so we don't have to change what we are doing ourselves ----

it is not that black and white, people come to Christ will all sorts of background and history that affects there living, Grace is sufficient not ligalisim 

Romans 7:15  For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.16But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.…

read the virse, Paul speaks of his double mind, exposing his nature 

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

airclean33 wrote:

Hi RitaTG-- You seem to have a lot of things that bother you.I am kind of surprised your still posting here. I disagree with almost all you'v said . I also hope one day you will truly find The Living GOD. I have lisoned to you, and tryed to help you in your walk. But as I'v said many times here .Your walk is yours . GOD will Judge us all one day.  We can but try are best.---airclean33

airclean ... there is much that bothers me ... and even more that amazes and delights me..

You are surprised I am still posting here??? .... now that is bewildering......

Here is something that bothers me ....... an attitude of hubris ......

I have highlighted a few things in your comments that strike me just that way.....

Perhaps you did not intend them that way but that is how I ... and I dare say... many others see it.

Do you not see how tone is an important aspect of a message????

Regards

Rita

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi airclean33,

airclean33 wrote:

In Rev Johns case He should have know problem with this as a Calvin.

As a Calvinist I understand what faith is.  Qualifiers do not help because those qualifiers actually emphasize something other than faith.

"Good faith" is not a matter of faith it is a matter of integrity.  Walk and Talk being roughly equal.

"Bad faith" is not a matter of faith either.  It is the opposite of integrity it is deliberate dishonesty.

Applying the qualifier of "producing" to faith is, either a code of some kind or it is spectacularly missing the point.

All faith produces something.  Every qualified faith produces the quality that it is known for.  Good faith produces goodness (of a kind) and bad faith produces badness (of a kind).  All faiths produce something therefore all faith is producing faith.

Are all faiths productive?

It is a sublte shift.  The word productive carries with it a nuance towards being fertile or being favourable.

In this sense a productive faith continues to produce something but the something it produces is considered beneficial or good.

With that in mind "having producing faith" is redundant whereas "having a productive faith" would be, at the very least, a statement inviting discussion.

airclean33 wrote:

Those who are born again know this for it is GODS gift to those who believe.

As a born again (but most likely one others would not consider born enough again) I would quibble.  The gift doesn't come to those who believe (that makes faith a reward for believing and leads to works.  Something Calvinists get somewhat browned off with.  The gift comes to those in order that they might believe.  Hence both our faith and our belief are gracious gifts of God.

Grace and peace to you.

John

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi blackbelt

Paul is talking about Satan Here blackbelt ---read the scripture ---God Grace gives us the power to keep Satan at bay ---Paul still has not renewed his mind so Satan still has access to him --- Jesus went to Hell and took back the keys from Satan ---so it is a done deal but Paul is still  has a carnal mind and therefore is still weak in his thinking -----giving the enemy a door to sneak in ----God says this --submit to Him ---that includes your thinking ----God Grace gives us the power we have to do the action ----Grace comes through Faith ---Faith without action is dead ----The only way you can resist the devil is being 100% in God -----We humans are the dangerous one's for not doing God's word ----The Bible is not a magic book --it takes us learning and doing God's word  ----The Bible  says do not conform to this world renew your mind only then will you know the real Power of God's Grace -----and His perfect will for your life ----

James 4:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

Humility Cures Worldliness

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Do as the scripture says ---get the results ---you can't say something doesn't work until you try it ----Grace gives us access to all Spiritual Blessings ----we have to follow the instructions to experience success ---

Peace

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Hi RitaTG--Your post--

Here is something that bothers me ....... an attitude of hubris ......

Airclean--In that case I wouldn't use it if I were you. --airclean33

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Mmm... 1.75 fluid ounces... *drool*

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

And the twice born are carried off again in the black and white of fixed word ... this is according to the book and you should hit people with it along with great power. So much for the living, growing word ... an expanding LOGOS? Some just see stars other the Shadow ...

Thus room is left for the lesser powers ... you can only hear them if you stop up a bit and listen to all things, unseen ... even the wind maas'n with the trees! The bible warns about trees, woodsmen and capenters ... as O'din ... they confuse the desires with logs on the hubris of the past ... how mortals appear to be able to wreck anything ... even the gift of soul ... that be a distant psyche ... as it is often sold as too far out for mortals to know. This is the way of authorities in black and white (the tome or tomb) as they like to bury anything that reeks of information about how they went wrong ... thus the devilish thinker collects all that went astray under the powers of mortal gods! It is enough to make visionaries (seers or those that see alien things) sort of c-sick, or affected with guile to keep the head down when amoung the group with the Red Queen (Ur of Love and War where all things are fare gamma). Thus mental conflict's dark side ...

Just the way emperors like it ... the common people shouldn't know what we're up to ... and the opposing satyrs were off and running ... like blood on the battlefield of life ... since we left the other trees behind as rejected knowledge or intellect that is buried ... subtle like in the script! Did you know this is logged in the early church's books as heiros gammos (sacred knowledge in waiting to be discovered by industrious people who plunge right into the unknown? Some caring could be utilitarian to carry one through on the other side of the Din-Eire side! It is alien stir ... felt down deep when seeing something that lifts or bothers you deeply ... like someone tossing books about as if they were the only ones ... to hit people with? Now Moby Dick is a great phi shin myth ... even considers the floaters as part of the game ... flotsom and jetsum?

But without a free mind (one enslaved by fear and anger?) would one know such stuff or just believe blindly in the one-line thing that drifts in the san along with the winds? So many that are physically born in the dirt can't see the winds ... as they might crank the windmills ... of the unspeakable mind ... authority doesn't like free thought ... but we can learn from their mistakes and record them in code ... so they can continue not to know ... what they had hopes of not knowing in the first barron ... and thus the concept of Proverbs 18:1 on a man separating himself from wisdom and meddling with it from the emotional side ... in Hebrew this is abba'd thing ... when a man looses it ... but just for an instant it can shake us his worries ... give birth to metaphorical satyrs ... deis mons?

Dis is de deis phoqah ... peering deeply into the dark's ID  ...

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Quote:

Unsafe Wrote:

Paul is talking about Satan Here blackbelt ---read the scripture ---God Grace gives us the power to keep Satan at bay ---Paul still has not renewed his mind so Satan still has access to him ---

Paul speaks about the law and how it has exposed  his sin nature, Paul speaks about his nature how its not good and how he is double minded. Paul’s preaching comes after his transfiguration experience of Christ, before that, Paul persecuted the Christians , the very reason why now Paul Preaches Christ Crucified is because Paul is a believer, born anew .

The verse is very clear that Paul speaks of the human condition , our nature and not satan

Romans 7

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Quote:

Unsafe Wrote:

Paul is talking about Satan Here blackbelt ---read the scripture ---God Grace gives us the power to keep Satan at bay ---Paul still has not renewed his mind so Satan still has access to him ---

Paul speaks about the law and how it has exposed  his sin nature, Paul speaks about his nature how its not good and how he is double minded. Paul’s preaching comes after his transfiguration experience of Christ, before that, Paul persecuted the Christians , the very reason why now Paul Preaches Christ Crucified is because Paul is a believer, born anew .

The verse is very clear that Paul speaks of the human condition , our nature and not satan

Romans 7

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

This passage is speaking of the human condition, I agree.

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Hi Blackbelt--Your4 romans 7 cut the 25 vers off. Here is The R.S.V-----

Rom 7:25

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I of myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

I also have no idea were DcaJae is reading from.God bless .airclean33

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

airclean33 wrote:

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I of myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

agreed, sin nature, Paul speaks of his nature and the 2 laws (double mind) at work with in him, 

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

airclean33 wrote:

I also have no idea were DcaJae is reading from.God bless .airclean33

That's what my seminary professors say too about me :D

Seriously though, I was saying that I beliewe as brother Blackbelt - that when one becomes a Christ-follower one faces an inner battle - redeemed self in Christ ws. old sinful nature.

Does Satan attack the Christ-following beliewer as unsafe suggested? I beliewe he does, howewer that's not the issue Paul discusses in the Scripture passage quoted.

Rich blessings.

unsafe's picture

unsafe

hi blackbelt

my bad you are right here ----Paul is speaking of his battle with the flesh in the scripture --which takes place in the mind ----we also fight this battle but we also can win this battle --Grace gives us the power to overcome this battle but again we must know God's word so we know how to cast out these thoughts ----

2 Corinthians 10:3

Of course we are human, but we don’t fight like humans.

Romans 8:6-16

The corrupt nature’s attitude leads to death. But the spiritual nature’s attitude leads to life and peace. This is so because the corrupt nature has a hostile attitude toward God. It refuses to place itself under the authority of God’s standards because it can’t. Those who are under the control of the corrupt nature can’t please God. 9 But if God’s Spirit lives in you, you are under the control of your spiritual nature, not your corrupt nature.

This is knowing who you are in Christ and knowing that Grace gives you the power to have the victory over the flesh -----

Whoever doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ doesn’t belong to him. 10 However, if Christ lives in you, your bodies are dead because of sin, but your spirits are alive because you have God’s approval. 11 Does the Spirit of the one who brought Jesus back to life live in you? Then the one who brought Christ back to life will also make your mortal bodies alive by his Spirit who lives in you.

12 So, brothers and sisters, we have no obligation to live the way our corrupt nature wants us to live. 13 If you live by your corrupt nature, you are going to die. But if you use your spiritual nature to put to death the evil activities of the body, you will live. 14 Certainly, all who are guided by God’s Spirit are God’s children. 15 You haven’t received the spirit of slaves that leads you into fear again. Instead, you have received the spirit of God’s adopted children by which we call out, “Abba![a]Father!” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

We have to do the work ourselves ----knowing God's word and putting it in action is the only way to win ----

1 Corinthians 1:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

Sectarianism Is Sin

10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and thatthere be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Grace gives us the power we need to live a holy life in our mind and body --all born again people have a pure and perfect spirit  we need to line up our mind to that perfect spirit and then our body will move in the right direction - and to be in one mind with Christ ---we have to want it ----our goal is to have our mind --body --and spirit --think and walk as one in Christ ---

We can do it --we have to want to do it -----

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

To be of one mind with Christ?

This is difficult when so many atheists and fundies say there is no such thing as mind ... my question ... without such abstract ... how would you know? Thus Genesis 2 an the conflict over the tree of life and love and knowledge and wisdom ... and those born of pure love are naïve ... perhaps a bit stupid ... but the best endowed while wail and scream that they are the wisest ... so it is writ in a still small voice that is the humbest of expression and others don't see until the author is generally passed a... and part of myth! Consider H Melville .. he had a Wahl of a tale to tell about Ahab's hump to get over before he was consumed in the pool ... thro' a sort of old sow or what the Greek called Nus ... and we get the word paranoid. Great authorities really hate a pile a word, they love one's that instill fear ... just use your imagination in de rivation or flow of obscure (black) stuff ... even King James thought biblical Hebrew was hell to learn ... thus he ordered an old language of wisdom altered. This is History according to powerful authority ... and thus outlining concept of redaction ... a type of corruption!

Thus some peculiar people probe into ancient tongues ... like plunging into a Nordic Fiord as an unknown ... well a least another missing gap in the land! And the taste for the Holy land is whetted and not what you thought it was ... then if you abuse and deny the thought machine ... what would you expect. One should treat all extremes with great reverence .. they could get you in the end ... a divided judgement in which all go to heaven ... some see de light and some don't as they close deire i'z ... they just don't want to know, and don't Kare!

Back to Religion and Faith topics