Fionavar's picture

Fionavar

A Deacon's Musing: Sharing a blog

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share a new feature to which I have been asked to contribute with the faith community with which I walk (UCiM): A Deacon's Musing. I would love to hear any thought, reflections, challenges & concerns that might occur to you should this blog be of interest to you.

Blessings for 2012!

Share this

Comments

Arminius's picture

Arminius

Hi Fionavar:

You were on WonderCafe before. Welcome back!

I don't know what to think of the newly founded Office of Religious Freedom. Like you, I get mixed feelings when religion is (ab)used as a political tool.

As you say on your blog, the original movement under Jesus was against empire. Then, when Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire, Christianity was twisted into becoming a tool for imperialistic aims, ambitions, and expansions. Christianity became an imperialistic religion, and remained so almost to this day. We are dealing with the unfortunate consequences of Christian imperialism to this very day (Residential Schools, for instance)

I want us to get way from rather than return to Christian imperialism!

Neo's picture

Neo

Interesting article Fionavar. I particularly like your opening statement:

the Deacon wrote:
I believe there are multiple truths that lead to God: whether all are equally helpful or useful to appreciate the Creator, which we know is beyond all our understanding, is more of head-space exercise than one of faith. The truth through which I spy God is Christianity: a ministry exemplified by Jesus and the resurrection that occurred among his Disciples, when giving up could have been very well what they chose after his execution. When in doubt, I default to this mantra: “If what you believe leads you to compassion for all of Creation, grounded in humility, then who am I to challenge.

re the the Office of Religious Freedom, you ask "What happens when my faith comes into contradiction with the Office’s ultimate mandate of protecting the state?" No, no, no, no, no. You don't want to do that that, 'cause the big brother government knows what's best for you.

It is interesting that Christanity, most famous for its image of the crucified Christ, was taken over by the Roman Empire who was the governing body at the time Christ was crucifed. One those things that make you go 'hmmmm.....'

Fionavar's picture

Fionavar

@ Arminus: Thanks for your hospitality! I know that navigating this tension will require a sense of community in order to buttress the response that arises when one rejects the dominant narrative!

@Neo: the paradox is that Early Christian communities believed in sacrifice - the paradox is that the dominant narrative has appropriated it to rationalise a world few of exploitation ... words & text can indeed be too dense ;)

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Words were created to accomodate the motal distaste for intercourse .. sometimes easier than learning everything by trial and error ... even the Gods gave up on that one ... look at the mess (Maas; foul words?) they left behind!

Perhaps it is a case that should be observed as having hidden lessons?

We are told not to walk the line ( fabric in multidimensional space?) but to choose sides. It is thus easier for the empire to cut out and conquer the divided parts. If you note in church once one goes of in emotional sunder ... other sects appear. The divide goes on and on. Then could you expect uneducated mortals to understand without a sense of getting it all together ... the emotionas and thoughts of all-there-is? It is perhaps beyond a mortal state ... a conceptual myth that we can only hope to get off the page as laid flat out for us by the fathers of the church telling us to choose between heaven or hell ... give it all to them or they'd take it in the end as ruins.

Is a medium normally despised by application of mortal fear?

Present state gods appear to love ruins if you observe their war mongering ways ... and chi-ite falls as gravid in a fecund barrel of monkies that won't listen, look, speak of or even think of crimes committed. How does one learn of the crimes past, except in myth that people don't believe but perhaps something internally digests this ... and it is crapped out as another generation ... Dante's Fall? In a large dimension whats the chance of learning ... quantum? Mire chance in an overwhelmingly emotional state!

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

It appear only the outside devil learns from such stuff ... that being the intellect according to Webster ... or beyond the myth of spiritual people a population overwhelmed with spirit? OBI anyone! IT'll be the death of meis like Christ in a hostile temple powerful emotions of de juiced ... grapes of wrath? Isn't that a separated story ... pruned from de vine sources ... wandering spirits ... soles ...!

That' a pseudo Gnome for psyche, or mine, Solo m'ns thing like a hole in some dimension ... as he tried to escape his emotions. The hole is loaded with gemstones as he cast them off in the fall Comet atoll'd ... as dirt, mire earth ... created from gravid gather ing powers of an Eire thing-heh ... unknown to mortals ... upper rheum ... attiKa in another tongue! Sort of Hoo dah if you catch the drift ...

Beloved's picture

Beloved

Thank you for sharing Fionavar.  I read, enjoyed, and found challening your musing.  I printed off the article "Address by Minister Baird at Office of Religious Freedom Stakeholder Consultations" to read as I have never heard of the Office of Religious Freedom before.

I liked your default mantra.

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Musing again I have second thoughts about doublethink in the institutionalized version of controlled insanity ... no moving or emotional parts toem!

Then the other side is pure love ... leaving a person totally devoid of the possibility of even single think ... another form of insanity of the other kind ... jointly an insanity hated by present institutions (a third kind) leading one to ponder the potential of a forth ... like Dan in the book of Numbers as a countdown for hommoe sapient to begin a new set of balance in the far stretches ... elle of a conception in vergen territories of all the above ... forming a fifth ... a Jar where all there is could contain the troubles you've caused me in learning about creative thought ... its destructive ... leading to ... a new world that many Christians just can't abide by ... they like the olf way better ... allows for blood in the eye to cover up the green ... technicolour dreams like Ezekeal?

That would lead even Jah Zeus to drink to calm heis fires ... and the church couldn't have that even in moderation of the medium ...

This would not be a death in a dark pool of words as the wordy lessons would be dressed up like the Book of Kells ... thoroughly miss undestood word as defied by the English tradition of the Roman Empiric! Even if they couldn't survive that way ... it sort of projects that death will be a technicolour issue ... with the soul and spirit leaving in a blaze of  emmissions ... the drak shaodow of a light brae in that has lost all thought, singular, paired, triad, and multiple to the n'th degrees that §IX .. or the sum of nothing in the beginning ... nein! All that's left is two blasted spirits one white, one black creating a deep dark story ... one coming the other goan ... like love you don't see until its left ... hits you right out of the bleu ... ruagh ehi ns!

If we can't accept ther deux , or trinitarian pondering ... how would we get beyond that?

Fionavar's picture

Fionavar

@ Beloved: Thanks - it would be interesting to know what you think after reading the printout you mentioned.

@ WaterBuoy: I am not sure which tract to follow in your musing. Want to help me keep up? ;)

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Fionavar,

There are two states of chaos in life: thinking and loving and authorities tell us to take sides. Now tell me what's so evil about a medium ... a sense of balance. perhaps this is why the world seems out of sorts? End of the means ...

Now "city" and "street" is chaos or confusion to the ancient wisdom of the Hebrew ... tell eM about the tale of two cities that arose out of the Canan ... two Jerusalems just to bump some sense into the overly emotional? Do they need some street sense? Something one has to get the mind around ... or is it already there and we are latent ... ahven't caught up as of yet ... feet too big or is that one big foot and the others too small to balance the soul out? The infinite mystery balancing the soul in a world too dumb for its own good?

Some change in mental process required ... or is that spirtual alter-cation ... positive phenomena in the ION's ... thats a heavy particle in the protonic accelerator as compared to the eclectic ... Greek Classic minds argued over this without aid of an electron microscope ... or did they have one internally set? There's a Black Hole fore yah ...

Sets the wanderer on a giggling path ... IC ... I Sea ... It's Big ... the Sol' ... worth contemplating upon ... if we know that word's metaphors!

Fionavar's picture

Fionavar

@ WaterBuoy:

• Balance: Yes I get that and whole-heartedly affirm the endeavour to discover it!
  • City & Street: If I understand you, this is further to seeking balance, and highlights the tension between the coil of our mortality and the endeavour to embrace ourselves as God's Beloved?
  • Greek thought & the scientific paradigm: I think you are talking about how we need to shift our cumbersome addictive human processes if we are to hear/experience where God longs for us to be ..

Not sure if I am anywhere near the mark, but I suspect you may let me know ...

with respect & blessings,

F

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Fionavar,

You're doing better than most at untangling my thoughts ...

Giggles, WB

Fionavar's picture

Fionavar

@ WaterBuoy: I'll take that as a good sign then! :)

I have been asked to share the blog through the blog environment - http://www.wondercafe.ca/blogs/fionavar/exerpt-deacons-musing-christian-... - but I am wondering what people think about posting in the discussion fora like this whenever I have a new one. What do you think is the most accessible way to share?

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Fionavar,

In the true sense of what I know as a humble experience with all-that-is ... I don't know the best way. It is a matter of taking a plunge in the best way you are aware of and see what the feedback amounts to. We may not like these eccos, but it does reflect the essence of the culture that surrounds us as Christian. My own sense of Christian is a "stand alone" sense in a moral world that goes along with the flow ... so as not to cause them some grief. In this case silencce is golden... the Christian culture really doesn't say much. Then there are the isoalte cases .. that the paradigm ... the pool calls crazy like Noah, laying down a soul and building a vessel?

The True Christian knows they will get grief for standing up for the underdog, the poor, the homeless, the alien ... for moral Christians hate nothing more than that personification of what they don't know. Is that Christian the one that goes off to the edge of the most traveled way ... and heals the outsider? Isn't that just a devilsish stretch ... like Sam Eire à Tun ... the devil  excluded from the temple? It is a metaphor for intellect in the monotheistic attitude of looking after oneself ... the alter Nate case counts too ... Nate being an old expression for wisdom in the stranger form! Recall Nathan that fellow ordered to take a bath in the River Jordan? Then the Jordan in Negro spiritual sense is just metaphorical symbol for a stream stranger than you can imagine ... a dark wisdom in the unknown ... A Shadow persona ... like a masque? Mire coverup ... a Pal'line ... if you get to know the devil ... get into the mud m'n ... in some places known as spa ... healthy!

In the true sense of I Thessalonians 5:21 try the authorities in the moral field ... test eM with a comment on something they don't know and observe the response. If it is anger ... you have a mortal authority ... if it is curiosity about what you mean ... what's the alternate understanding of your comment ... you have a Christian seaching for enlightenment. Fear of the unknown is heavy ... and why should we carry such a load when the "book" itself states at least 366 times ... have no fear! Is fear a man made emotion that allows "Control Theory" to prevail? Imagine a mortal power  attempting to control all-there-is without understanding the limits of such a creature! Then mortal by nature is a limiteing power and what is it they say of the conception of God? Isn't that a blast?

Of course those of us that care ... and think freely about the options to doing battle ... struggle with the moral floe ...

Isn't that a storm and a half? Dissonance, or Eris in an old expression. One has to know a lot of word to ... even begin to know God ... a big step according to the Gospel of John ... vernacular sense to a Hebrew wandering in the pages ... bit of Islamic humour of the plasmic sort ... Ceris fluid ... if you ask me ... drives the physical soul ... that really can't be nailed down (O'Nyx) ... as unknown ... but sometimes not so humble as the soul of God ... simply unfathomable in the pool. Attempting to scrutinize the sureal side tho' ... for depth of understandin of shallow word! The sublime is beneath the superficial ... one has to look deeply into it ...

Tome ... it is baffling but fascinating ... light ora Sea will probably keep me going for a very long time ... as illiteracy is prevalent ... ignorance of the word being desired! Such is a creeping conspiracy you don't even have to think about ... just is ... the love of not knowing! An isolated state from what surrounds us!

How does one approach ID ... that's hard ... like a stone in the fore head of a vast beauty ... universal space of intelligent love ... an exterior medium? Mortals hate mediums, I am told ... so keep your head down for the ultimate question from the patriarch ... mason ... what did you learn out there ... while Mason can be a generic name having no gendre ... pure chaos of the sects all convoluted in Joie!

Probably never happen here and now ... a future ... idealism ... like ute opiate ... alternate thinking as drunk with a conception? The story repeats ... if all children of God formed a networking system ... would a flood of intelligence make it impossible to have the time to go to war? Isn't that a b'ithchai conception to those that profit from war ...? Ther's the power that consumes ... makes way for a new creation from the rub elle ... Roué Belle ... law of the devil on this side of heaven ... mostly unbalanced! Like desire without a clew? How does one attach to abstract space like the right mind ... par Allal processing included ...

Did I say that allal is an old expression for general reverence? Par excellanté ... formis the search is complete ... but then I'm just a small bug in the dirt ... Anne ante? Maqon holes in the mire ... wormholes in physical space ... how antes connect ... closed ferme ... bottom line ...

How'd we get here? It's a mystery until you listen toa pile of exagerations about what real people know ... then the story gets really a Muse in ... bare lee a thought! It's all a person can expect in a mostly unthinking dimension ... nost retch to the soul! the leading edge is all bent ouda shape ...

Back to Religion and Faith topics