Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

How was Church - July 4, 2010

As for us, we didn't go to church this morning. We were working instead. The cafeteria I work in has just been renovated, and the grand reopening is tomorrow. Everyone was called in for an extra work day to make sure everything is right. They hired my Yobo as an extra worker for the day. Somehow, without church, this just doesn't feel like Sunday to me.

Share this

Comments

Northwind's picture

Northwind

I didn't attend church again this morning. In fact, I doubt I will get there until mid-August now, or even maybe in the fall. Suddenly our summer weekends are filled up.

This morning I was at a music festival listening to old time gospel music sung enthusiastically, albeit a titch off key. Oh well, it was good.

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

Church feelt disjointed. We are sharing summer services with anearby congregation. They hold July services in our building, we hold August services in theirs.

Overall service was good. Kids story and sermon were related-about stepping out from our safe space.

Minsiter taught the kids an african song (seemed out of the blue to me)

Chuch solo on prayer of St. Patrick-again-it didn't tie in.

But good to see many friends.

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Spent the last few days reading Borg's "The God We Never Knew" at a resort on Otter Lake near Parry Sound. Nowhere near finished it (too much time spent canoeing and kayaking for that) but spending time thinking deeply about spiritual matters counts as church for me.

Mendalla

jlin's picture

jlin

First day with a new minister and it boded well . . . I am pretty good at predicting what is going to happen from the first sermon on; no, actually and  unfortunately, excellent  ( so much so that I usually just have to ask myself if patience will work and whether or not I am just buying into being exploited and abused) so, what I am going to predict is that by the time the people who will really have issues with how exceptionally bright and then, ecummenist this fellow is catch on to where he is going, it is quite possible that  the wave will already be pulling them out to sea.

On the other hand, they may begin by just whining and manipulating right away and succeed in shutting him down, he is after all a novice

However, as per usual I am a factor they can never get rid of and between having to attempt to shut me up or down or compete with me, it is possible that the fellow will succeed.  I wish him all the best and will do what I can.

DKS's picture

DKS

In a word, "hot".

Back to Church Life topics
cafe