wondercafe2adm's picture

wondercafe2adm

WC2: Invitation to Preregister

The WonderCafe2 Admins welcome people to be pre-registered for WonderCafe2.

Share this

Comments

redhead's picture

redhead

Google search of WC2 and wondercafe 2 does not connect.  Guess the best way to connect is through WC.

It might have been a good idea to provide a link with the invitation to pre-pregister.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

For those pre-registering, they get the link in their pre-registration confirmation.

Regstration is not open yet for those who have not preregistered

redhead's picture

redhead

what does that mean, Pinga?

Sounds a bit confusing.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

It means that the URL would be of no use to you at this time.

The site is onlyavailable to those who have pre-registered.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

ps. the site is www.wondercafe2.ca  

redhead's picture

redhead

Well, then, that is inviting.  Guess that three volunteers who posess great IT profiles have created a site that does not have easy access.  Welcome to the gatekeepers.

redhead's picture

redhead

Well, i just tried to join and was rejected.  Going to assume there are controls in place.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

RedHead

As indicated, the site is not open for registration yet.  That was clear in this thread.  Pre-registration only.

When the site is opened up for busienss, then you will be able to register.

At that point, there will be a post here, and in rleated threads.

Dump the negative attitude. Ask questions instead of presuming.  

redhead's picture

redhead

So how was it clear to pre-register?

stardust's picture

stardust

Hi Redhead

I just looked up some info. for you. It is contained on this thread on the first post after the OP page 1.

Quote:

What does preregistration mean?

• Your account will be loaded to WonderCafe2 as an unapproved account
  • You will receive a password via email
  • When the site is ready to be open, you will be sent an email advising it is good to go and has been approved.  This approval will allow you to logon.
  •  

What do you have to do?

• Determine the username that you will use on the site.
  • Determine the email account you will use to manage your wondercafe2 account.
  • Send a wondermail with your preferred username and email address to wondercafe2adm
  •  
  • *** Note: admins will only use this email address for startup. Once you login, you can turn off receiving notifications from the site.

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

redhead, it was clear because the mods posted and told us about it many timrs. If a dino like me can understand anyone should be able to. The mods have been more than helpful and Chemgal has been a gem.( and she is not even a mod)

stardust's picture

stardust

Edit 

Redhead

Send a wondermail to Adm. with the user name you have chosen

and the email address.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

crazyheart wrote:

redhead, it was clear because the mods posted and told us about it many timrs. If a dino like me can understand anyone should be able to. The mods have been more than helpful and Chemgal has been a gem.( and she is not even a mod)

redhead - what crazyheart said. Even I got that one. (In regard to Chemgal - she's been an amazing volunteer over there.)

chemgal's picture

chemgal

Thanks CH and Jae!  I've been happy to see that so far the new site is going well.  I don't have the skills of the admins, and was happy to help out in the small way that I could.

CH was also there testing out my instructions :)

Pinga's picture

Pinga

For those who have attempted to pre-register in the last few days, my apologies for not processing them.

Will get to them in the next day

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Those who sent requests should all be taken care of.  If you have issues, please respond to the wondermail.

chansen's picture

chansen

Web registration is now open at www.wondercafe2.ca

Come on in. That water's fine.

gecko46's picture

gecko46

chansen wrote:

Been dipping my toes in from time to time.....feels inviting.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

chansen wrote:

so does this mean that wc: the second coming is open to the Public now?

chansen's picture

chansen

It is. We're not making a big announcement splash just yet. First, there aren't a lot of threads yet. Second, we're still trying to figure out the site ourselves ;)

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Yes, though a soft start

No big announcement

Just a gentle registration for a few days

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

How Canadian :3

chemgal's picture

chemgal

redhead wrote:

Well, then, that is inviting.  Guess that three volunteers who posess great IT profiles have created a site that does not have easy access.  Welcome to the gatekeepers.

What do you think now that it's open?  Is it inviting enough?  Is it easy to access?

dreamerman's picture

dreamerman

Just signed up for part 2. Beware the beast is on the loose.cool What about my bear? I need my bear. He has been with me all this time. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

dreamerman, you can still have your bear. Grrrrrrrr

Northwind's picture

Northwind

I sent my pre-registration and e-mail address about ten days ago and was told that I would get a notification or something in a "few" days. How many days is that? I haven't received anything yet. Feeling somewhat left out.......not to mention I got a "greylisted" message today......

Northwind's picture

Northwind

So, I tried to register myself and learned my name is already in use. That would suggest I have in fact been pre-registered.......

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Northwind, you should have received an email on June 7th.

There was a response in the wondermail which stated that you were to respond if you didn't get an email.

Did you get the wondermail?

Did you get the email?

Northwind's picture

Northwind

I never did get that e-mail. I hadn't responded before because I have not been in WC for a few days and frankly forgot about it. It has been resolved now. Thanks.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

There sure are a lot of fake users joining WC. Could that happen to wc2 too?

chansen's picture

chansen

It could, but unlike Wondercafe, Wondercafe2 was intelligently designed.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

Awesome.

So you do believe in intelligent design. Hope for you yet.

chansen's picture

chansen

My job, when I have one, is about intelligent designs. When Christians try to say their book says the universe is intelligently designed, they don't sound intelligent.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

Given millions of years, wc could have probably evolved into wc2 without any intelligence.

chansen's picture

chansen

WC did evolve. We're the mechanism by which it happened. There was gene drift as people came and went. Some unfavourable mutations like Stephen Booth were lost to natural selection. 

Finally, when our island started sinking, we adapted to create our own island.

Congratulations, you took part in evolution.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

stardust's picture

stardust

Chansen

Your quote above: 

"but unlike Wondercafe, Wondercafe2 was intelligently designed"

We know you are a genius. Tell us one more time.

stardust's picture

stardust

Chansen

This second  post just happens to come along at this time.

I went to WC2 to check out your genius just now Tues. June 17  at 12:45 p.m.

A big colourful full  flashing screen comes on warning that there may be a virus on WC2.  I had no chance to read further.  I scrambled away. I had to shut down the computer to get off WC2. I immediately ran Norton. No virus is shown. Praise be.

For all your genius this has never once happened to me since Nov. 2006 on our WC run by the UC and Aaron.

However, I was reading in a thread yesterday ( between and betwixt..??) and the exact same thing happened to me. I know...I know..its no big deal. Virus'  do happen which is why I have Norton security and even Norton accessed in my puter got a virus there once.  Go figure.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

Don't worry about it stardust. virus' are just the mechanism by which we evolve. You may wake up tomorrow and your computer could have a brand new touch screen. Free.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Stardust, i have the most robust of. Software and firewalls and just verified it is fine.

It has not been submitted for review and so your software may block it

chansen's picture

chansen

stardust wrote:

Chansen

Your quote above: 

"but unlike Wondercafe, Wondercafe2 was intelligently designed"

We know you are a genius. Tell us one more time.

lol - I didn't design it, some blokes in the UK did. They're the "intelligent designers" I was referring to. I installed it. I didn't even design how it looks. I merely followed a manual to FTP some files and click a few buttons. Anyone here could do it with minimal training.

And while a lot of my jokes are actually self-deprecating, don't let that stop you from hating and distrusting me.

As for Norton, I think it mostly trades on its name recognition. They've been the best, and they've been the worst AV out there, and then even the best again, over the last ten years or so. For the last three years, they've pulled out of independent tests by www.av-comparatives.org. Here's the press release. I would certainly never suggest Norton for this reason alone, though it might not be a false positive. It might be right. Attacking me here instead of simply raising it seriously is curious, but whatever. I have Kaspersky and haven't had a single flag on the site. If others get it, I'd appreciate knowing what the alert said. And, if it did alert you, you don't need to do anything - your AV software has it under control. Do not shut down your PC. Read the message, and do what it says.

You thought *I* was claiming to have designed Xenforo's spam protection? lol

stardust's picture

stardust

Pinga

O.K. that's possible.

I just did a Norton scan again which came up virus free. I also have an extra feature called Norton Power Eraser Repair Tool included with the scan if need be. It may erase active necessary tools (which I would need to restore) so I haven't bothered with it.

I'll try again. I'm sure your security is reliable. My browser is Chrome.

chansen's picture

chansen

Saul_now_Paul wrote:

Don't worry about it stardust. virus' are just the mechanism by which we evolve. You may wake up tomorrow and your computer could have a brand new touch screen. Free.

Nah, that's just a variation of the spontaneous-747-in-a-junkyard argument that exposes, again, that you know nothing about the science which you try to discredit on the back of a book a fairy tales.

chansen's picture

chansen

stardust wrote:

Pinga

O.K. that's possible.

I just did a Norton scan again which came up virus free. I also have an extra feature called Norton Power Eraser Repair Tool included with the scan if need be. It may erase active necessary tools (which I would need to restore) so I haven't bothered with it.

I'll try again. I'm sure your security is reliable. My browser is Chrome.

Wait. I'm confused. Does this mean I'm not stupid again?

Pinga's picture

Pinga

We don't let many file extensions load for a reason

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Chansen, chansen, chansen

Why would you expect simple questions or symptoms, or even queries to the concern

It is much easier to take potshots

I think we need to implement a beer bingo game

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Sigh, due posts I will not miss

stardust's picture

stardust

Chansen

You're telling me to read the message and obey....lol. It screeches at me in bright colors with an inset message  also ...."You may have a virus" . Today it was as soon as I entered WC 2. I had no chance....boom..boom..in my face. Surprise. I'm sure others must have had the same experience..or its odd?

The website and the message is  stuck. I can't delete it or  go anywhere. I have to shut down the puter.

Norton....? I just take whatever security is cheapest. It was free for 30 days and then $39. for a year, not too bad. So, you're saying maybe Norton didn't catch the virus previously  on WC2....?..that's funny  isn't it?  I prefer Norton to Mc Afee or AVG or the  other freebies.

I know people who have run freebie websites and were overtaken by spammers and poor security, they had to close down. I don't know the Co. names. It sure isn't unusual at all.

Hate you..?..c'mon don't be silly. I would certainly appreciate it if you bragged a bit less about how wonderful you are. It shows low self esteem.  You did good along with Pinga and Mendalla in getting WC2 up and running. Its cool, groovy.

stardust's picture

stardust

Chansen

Perhaps I should contact Norton do you think, especially if nobody else is having this problem? I could ask them to check into it since it happened twice to me under their guard. Yes...or No? Then again, since  WC2 has its own security two security companies on the same website interfere with each other should they check up on WC2?

Mine is  a new Norton Internet Security   account ( includes virus)  opened  May 15/14. I have the product number, serial number, and confirmation number Norton emailed  me. I paid it via Visa on the net  June 8/14.

chansen's picture

chansen

stardust wrote:

Chansen

You're telling me to read the message and obey....lol. It screeches at me in bright colors with an inset message  also ...."You may have a virus" . Today it was as soon as I entered WC 2. I had no chance....boom..boom..in my face. Surprise. I'm sure others must have had the same experience..or its odd?

You're sure? Based on what? Your assumption that they must, or have others told you they did? Nobody told me about it.

There were some weird connection errors from revjohn, but they corrected themselves before I could do anything.

stardust wrote:

The website and the message is  stuck. I can't delete it or  go anywhere. I have to shut down the puter.

That's not Norton. You have malware installed on your browser. At least, that's my best guess. AV software doesn't get so melodramatic, or generally lock you up. It's supposed to quarantine the threat and eliminate it if possible. It's supposed to reassure you, not scare you. Malware plays on fear, kinda like religion does. If it does lock up, it should direct you to use a boot CD or something like that for a low level scan, not just start right back up like nothing happened.

stardust wrote:

Norton....? I just take whatever security is cheapest. It was free for 30 days and then $39. for a year, not too bad. So, you're saying maybe Norton didn't catch the virus previously  on WC2....?..that's funny  isn't it?  I prefer Norton to Mc Afee or AVG or the  other freebies.

The cheapest good one is Avast or AVG. Free, and pretty damn good compared to the paid ones. I prefer Kaspersky because it's usually good about avoiding false positives, and it removes a lot of malware. I have a bad history with Norton, though they did improve, supposedly. Now they've pulled out of tests.

stardust wrote:

I know people who have run freebie websites and were overtaken by spammers and poor security, they had to close down. I don't know the Co. names. It sure isn't unusual at all.

Which is why we went with the most stable and secure forum platform by popular consensus.

stardust wrote:

Hate you..?..c'mon don't be silly. I would certainly appreciate it if you bragged a bit less about how wonderful you are. It shows low self esteem.  You did good along with Pinga and Mendalla in getting WC2 up and running. Its cool, groovy.

I was "bragging" about some English guys with bad teeth in an office outside of London. I didn't design the software, and I'm convinced most here understand that - you just assumed I was bragging. You think the worst of me at every possible opportunity.

Every time people have problems on the new site with text size, or user rights, or whatever, I'm generally on it. You don't come to me with concerns - you see what is quite likely your own PC's malware and blame it on me. You see me make a comment about the software being intelligently designed, and you think I'm bragging, even though I didn't design the software.

Posting now and saying I "did good" is bullshit, and I don't want the compliment. You're just recognizing that you barked up the wrong tree and you're backtracking.

If you come to me with an issue, like all others, I'll try to solve it. If you're going straight to the accusatory route, get lost and fix your own damn computer.

Back to Church Life topics
cafe