Jobam's picture

Jobam

Graham: Pastors Need To Be Willing To 'Get Our Heads Chopped Off' For Opposing Gay Rights

Graham: Pastors Need To Be Willing To 'Get Our Heads Chopped Off' For Opposing Gay Rights

Franklin Graham spoke at the Family Research Council's Watchmen on the Walls conference yesterday where he told the assembled pastors that they needed to be willing to have their heads chopped off for speaking the truth that gays are bound for hell.

"Are we going to be cowards because we're afraid?," Graham asked the crowd. "Could we get our heads chopped off? We could, maybe one day.  So what? Chop it off!"

Graham went on to assert that he loves gays "enough to care to warn them that if they want to continue living like this, it's the flames of hell for you" and he will continue to do so because he will one day have to answer to God and does not want to be found to have been a coward who refused to preach God's laws:

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/graham-pastors-need-be-willing-get...

See video

Share this

Comments

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo ---

You can get all out of joint if you want to ---My comments were to airclean33 not to you ---you worship another God and you have a different belief than I do ----Period ---

Peace and Blessings to you

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

unsafe wrote:

Hi Neo ---

You can get all out of joint if you want to ---My comments were to airclean33 not to you ---you worship another God and you have a different belief than I do ----Period ---

Peace and Blessings to you

beautiful :3

seeler's picture

seeler

Open forum, unsafe.  Anyone can reply to any post.   ie  I know that the above post was to Neo but I am commenting.  

I find it interesting that you believe in more than one God.   Most Christians that I know believe in one God.  

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Everyone has their own God ... a manifest given like aDonis a deep hole for where to put thoughts that God felt were evil ... thus dark points of earth (mire?) in space as holes, Dons, rons or dawns ... if looked at from opposing meta-substance! This would be wholly eh, bis! But unless you can change icons into whole phonetics of multiple exponents ... you wouldn't get it.

Then what would you expect from a God in full mode of Love ... Is that STUPID?  As God shares with us all things ... could we see through such a cloud as Moses followed in an arid place in the deis (dazed by Sun?) and at night there was the torch ... 'eLLe fire as an assistance to see when wandering about in a cloud or deis ... daze? One should really learn to interpret from the other side of how God manifests ID'selves ...

One should really learn to see how the dyslexic, crazy, or beyond the mortal roué observes this tuff! Thus one begins to see like beyond the villiage idiot, or cosmopolitan logic ... and you know how normal mortals are about difference! Thaty's simple enough to start a war over ... as stupidity rules from God! Right AC33, UNSAFE? No God isn't really stupid but has stunned moments when observing mortals ...

Manifest is a great LOGOS to examine ... that's like an icon or word as listed in the on-board baggage ... when manifesting itself as something that indicates something that isn't ... like emotions and intellect; two bubbles of non existence, in-substance nothing as a manifesto expresses without intelligence and Q-Lues attached ... sort of like burning hellfire if you have any thoughts at all and people with excess emotions will believe the thinker evil. Psychologists and psychiatrists have used Caesar's behaviour to define psychopathe's, psycological killers and deadly manifesto's as leading to human death ... something also evil to God as it is said God wished to kill off the mortal race. Perhaps they were too quick for an older passion?

Then what kind of interpretation can a person enlightened by 'eLLefire extract from a manifest of some overly desirous person who like to control the who thing? Such illuminations of the darkness of the human soul (soma) lead some people towards getting out of here in good spirits through sharing of food and drink for the mind ... a psychic blast ... and Low and be hold be headed he was ... gone like the Shadow. Devil of a thing they say as he thought too much of God to stay up there puking when there was learning to be done, and many asses to be burned in the process of teaching God's off-spring about the way out. The Hebrews said that was through wisdom, Romans say it is through enlightenement ... but this is a sacred route as those that believe they know don't believe the common folk should know ... that what those that believe they know isn't so and thus a manifestation of things that arn't ... and so the bible is conflictive and thus indicative of mortal tendancies to chaos, confusion, furies and storms of emotions.

This parallels the a'prior Jesuit (Jae Sous, as subtle power in myth and beyond mortal comprehension) that one should love and hate mother and father ... or thus according to the law serve the deux of wisdom (de athe NDe) with some ALLAL or respect, fear and reverence ... could what wisdom you pick up in places like this could be good, evil, or ugly to the pathe you are conditioned to ... so get used by everything that's God ... which is all inclusive.

If a man loves his fellow man respectfully ... does the population grow? Economically this is bad if you follow the rule of capitalization ... and the lambda becomes a point as inverse "V" ... or upended Nus! In this form the hidden seed in dumped into unknown dimensions as fude for psyche ... one woman beheaded throughout history for screwing up man's authority ... a thinking woman ephraim genre of aDonis would be di ANNA ... and old anaggram that is manifest in the unnatural state of logic ... or LOGOS if you wish to see God in the dark form of the Shadow on a Sheep's kin ... the mortal coverup?

And if you look inside a sheep you find sheeps gutte .. a blind ended membrane good for making a'priori condoms in the beginning ... how the Able was buried in sheeps skin as possible new soul with potential if that person coulda learned from the Ur-IE of mother and father's rush to hide the evidence of creative power and onanism was lied about as buried in the earth ... and vegetable matter poped up as wee'd amons ... anybody know the derivation of Amon in the eternal thought cycle?

This is ongoing in those not humble enough to learn what's out-there as infinite ... thus God is stunned ... bi what's created by lesser powers? Some sharing is good why we must pas ruagh stirred wa dis ...

Do such things amuse the extreme powers beyond mortal? Thus humis comes into the perspective as heavenly fal'lout!

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Thus it is manifest destiny to die to stupidity and pas ova a step, or stage if you will ... when you can vegetate over what boule, or taurus was formally cast ...

What is a russel in the tree ... anything close to roué's ET of the apple of knowledge and a faint blust in the Eire that you leared something of networking and connections in the complexity of life in a simple setting? The Hebrew called this a Seder ... observed Shabbat-like with RIP'rs on the fringe ... old Gae Sars that lost it so we could pick up on what they lost ... thus the citi of the wandering psyche or as the Eastern Authority called IT ... the forbiddden citi ... sort of a Classic Meta Phore as it burns and few notice ...

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi seeler

Yes I see what you are saying ----thanks ---should have been a small g -----Neo follows this god

Peace

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Thus a spectre of pathe's, a pain to those on the mono theism stint of the voyage ... sort of bi-fur Kated or divine ... like LOGOS all blown to "LLe by those redacting for personal gain ...

Myself I do it to learn about the biblical command to learn the myths, stories, taurus and bull of all men and discover eL asses that are behynde eM as a Shadowy population! Dark Ephraim ... of just shadows without doubts ... like Jae Sybel at the foot of the point of fall ...

The lesson learned here are de beit Able ... and thus considerable Piscine ...

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Maitreya is not Neo's God. More of a prophet or prophetic spirit as I understand Neo's posts about it. It's a New Age borrowing from Buddhism where Maitreya is the future Buddha who will come to teach enlightenment in a time when dharma (Buddhist teaching) has been largely forgotten. Rather like the second coming of Christ if you like.

And, back on topic, this really points up the problems/risks of relying on a single, very ancient text as a sole source of ones spirituality and morality. While that source may well contain some spiritual wisdom (and The Bible contains a lot) it also reflects its times, e.g. attitudes to women and homosexuality. While I am not one to advocate throwing the baby out with the bath water, taking The Bible as a sole source leads to fossilizing a lot of ones spirituality and morality in the 1st century AD and earlier. You see the same problem with the Torah, the Qu'ran and other religious texts when people become so invested in their eternal applicability that they miss the fact that the text embodies an historical context of the time it was written.

This is why I find the UU notion of sources so important (yes, I'm arguably proselytizing here). We do not lock ourselves into a text or voice but open ourselves to many sources of spiritual wisdom and spirit, including (interesting, the first source), "Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life". IOW, our first source is personal experience, not a text that we engage with in the third person. Now that also has its problems (e.g. personal prejudices and biases) that are (or can be) offset by the other sources but it at least requires one to live in the present and engage with the reality around you rather than trying to discern all of ones wisdom from book written 1000 or more years ago.

Mendalla

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Hi unsafe --your post--

If the person accepts Jesus then they are under Grace and the person's sins are remembered no more-- it matters not what the person did ---so the gay person who accepts Christ is going to heaven --now the thing here is ---Those who have Christ they will not want to go and sin ---The Holy Spirit convicts when sin happens in a born again person -----it will not feel OK with them inside their own selves -----

God Bless Brother

Airclean-- I agree with this post unsafe . I have never ment to show someone who is Gay can not come to Christ to be saved. My belief is are GOD is a Loving GOD . God Bless.--airclean33

Neo's picture

Neo

Mendalla wrote:

Maitreya is not Neo's God. More of a prophet or prophetic spirit as I understand Neo's posts about it. It's a New Age borrowing from Buddhism where Maitreya is the future Buddha who will come to teach enlightenment in a time when dharma (Buddhist teaching) has been largely forgotten. Rather like the second coming of Christ if you like.

And, back on topic, this really points up the problems/risks of relying on a single, very ancient text as a sole source of ones spirituality and morality. While that source may well contain some spiritual wisdom (and The Bible contains a lot) it also reflects its times, e.g. attitudes to women and homosexuality. While I am not one to advocate throwing the baby out with the bath water, taking The Bible as a sole source leads to fossilizing a lot of ones spirituality and morality in the 1st century AD and earlier. You see the same problem with the Torah, the Qu'ran and other religious texts when people become so invested in their eternal applicability that they miss the fact that the text embodies an historical context of the time it was written.

This is why I find the UU notion of sources so important (yes, I'm arguably proselytizing here). We do not lock ourselves into a text or voice but open ourselves to many sources of spiritual wisdom and spirit, including (interesting, the first source), "Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life". IOW, our first source is personal experience, not a text that we engage with in the third person. Now that also has its problems (e.g. personal prejudices and biases) that are (or can be) offset by the other sources but it at least requires one to live in the present and engage with the reality around you rather than trying to discern all of ones wisdom from book written 1000 or more years ago.

Mendalla

Good post Mendalla, thanks. There is so much mis-information about Maitreya "out there". As far as I know Benjamin Creme is the only official spokesman for Maitreya. See http://www.shareintl.org/maitreya/Ma_main.htm

Regrading your comments above re "fossilizing" and the restricting of one's spiritual wisdom based on one biblical source, I believe you've hit the nail right on the head. There are so many modern day books that sit on the shelf not being read. Apathy is the primary reason, as far as I can see. Also, the deception in the west that the churches somehow have sole ownership and monopolization over God. How did this happen? The path to spiritual truth comes from within. Our beliefs, whether they be orthodox or new age are simply that, our beliefs. How can one be judged for all eternity based of the address of their church. It's crazy. If there is a judgement on our lives, which I believe there is, then it must be on our words and our actions in this life and not our religion. This is why, I believe, Maitreya says that no matter what you do in life, do it with an honest mind, a sincere spirit and a healthy sense of detachment. As soon as we say "I believe in this" or "I believe in that" then we restrict ourselves to this or that. It's fine to believe in things but we have to know when to let go.

airclean33's picture

airclean33

waterfall wrote:

airclean33 wrote:

Dcn. Jae wrote:
airclean33 wrote:

Hi DcnJae-- Please note I ask you first show me scipture were GOD oked it.

I do not know of any. Okay, your turn.

- Romans 1:  26-28

Romans 2:1

--Hi waterfall some reading for you.

1-cor 2:15-16

1-cor6: 2

1-cor6: 3

1-Cor6: 9

1-Cor6 19

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Mendalla wrote:

Maitreya is not Neo's God. More of a prophet or prophetic spirit as I understand Neo's posts about it. It's a New Age borrowing from Buddhism where Maitreya is the future Buddha who will come to teach enlightenment in a time when dharma (Buddhist teaching) has been largely forgotten. Rather like the second coming of Christ if you like

Airclean---You do admit Buddhisen is not Christainty?

And, back on topic, this really points up the problems/risks of relying on a single, very ancient text as a sole source of ones spirituality and morality. While that source may well contain some spiritual wisdom (and The Bible contains a lot) it also reflects its times, e.g. attitudes to women and homosexuality.

Airclean-- You have posted your not a Christain . I think I see this here. You see We Christains believe in a living GOD. Our God is with us an helps us learn.

While I am not one to advocate throwing the baby out with the bath water, taking The Bible as a sole source leads to fossilizing a lot of ones spirituality and morality in the 1st century AD and earlier. You see the same problem with the Torah, the Qu'ran and other religious texts when people become so invested in their eternal applicability that they miss the fact that the text embodies an historical context of the time it was written.

Airclean-- Here once more you point out the fact you really don't believe in Christ Jesus, I get it".

This is why I find the UU notion of sources so important (yes, I'm arguably proselytizing here). We do not lock ourselves into a text or voice but open ourselves to many sources of spiritual wisdom and spirit, including (interesting, the first source), "Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life". IOW, our first source is personal experience,

Airclean--This is your belief. An I will say nothing on what you believe.

not a text that we engage with in the third person. Now that also has its problems (e.g. personal prejudices and biases) that are (or can be) offset by the other sources but it at least requires one to live in the present and engage with the reality around you rather than trying to discern all of ones wisdom from book written 1000 or more years ago.

Mendalla

- Myself Mendalla I find( that) 1.000 or 2.000 old book to be of great help. But I understand you do not read it the same way as me.I walk with Christ Jesus and His GOD and Father and my Father. I believe Mendalla you have read and studyd GODS word. . I can only say ,don't try so hard. GOD is the teacher in His time only do we walk. May your day go well. Airclean33

airclean33's picture

airclean33

seeler wrote:

Open forum, unsafe.  Anyone can reply to any post.   ie  I know that the above post was to Neo but I am commenting.  

I find it interesting that you believe in more than one God.   Most Christians that I know believe in one God.  

Hi Seeler yes you are right this is an open form. So would you answer a question for me? We who follow this one GOD have a name we call Him . Can you tell me it?

Rev. Steven Davis's picture

Rev. Steven Davis

unsafe wrote:

unsafe wrote:

However, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently admitted that condoms do not prevent the transmission of most STDs. Mankind cannot outsmart God!

Sorry your way off base I DID NOT write this ---better check above ------nowhere DO i PERSONALLY SAY anything about the Goverment ---it is forerunner commentary on scripture -----not my words ---Period --if you have a problem with what the commentary says --you will have to adress it with them -

The quote function here at Wonder Cafe always puts quotes as "unsafe (or whoever) wrote." OK. You're right. You quoted it rather than actually being the one who said it. So it's the forerunners commentary that we need to find a reference from. I'm just wondering - do you agree with the quote?

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Rev.Steven Davis

I have never used these things so I have no idea --they obviously think this ---they wrote it --I can't comment on something I have never used or know of anyone to ask if they work or not ----If you're curious about it you need to ask people who use them -----I'm not interested in knowing about it ----

I will ask you ---did God allow Job to be afflicted with his pain and suffering -----and Job had a hedge of protection around him and was very Blessed -----

Job 1:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.

Here are 86 Bible Verses about suffering ---you can decide for yourself -----

http://www.openbible.info/topics/suffering

Peace to you

seeler's picture

seeler

airclean - search the scriptures and you will find many names for God - so many in fact that I find myself falling back on the one "God", who for me as a Christian is revealed to me in the person of Jesus.  

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Mendalla wrote:

Mendalla

God is not a name , its a title, and a god can be anything that one follows and puts his faith and trust it, be it money , a star a prophet, a guru, maitreya is no different, he is a god to many

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

airclean33 wrote:

seeler wrote:

Hi Seeler yes you are right this is an open form. So would you answer a question for me? We who follow this one GOD have a name we call Him . Can you tell me it?

A name? Hm, let me think about that one... God, Father, Abba, Jesus, Spirit, YHWH, Jehovah, I Am, Lord, Master, Creator... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

BetteTheRed's picture

BetteTheRed

If we can go back to the opening post, I ended up speaking with some people in church about this, this very morning. 

I do not like Franklin Graham. I think that about 98% of his opinions are idiotic, to put it kindly. I think he is an actively harmful presence in the world, and an appalling example of the very worst that corporate institutionalized Christianity can produce.

He is really hard for me to love. The very best I can do is to pray that he sees the error of his ways before he does any further damage. It is close to impossible for me to extend an empathetic hand of love and support to him, as I should if I am to truly love my neighbour as myself.

THIS is the really hardest lesson, and I don't know how you get there, in reality. How do you bring yourself to love the truly wrong, and the truly evil, in the world? 

I'm kind of stalled mid-way in Desmond Tutu's forgiveness challenge at present, and I've been reading some of the resources on his site. The stories of reconcilation amongst people between whom damage is in the past are amazing; the reality that many people suffer in on-going relationships with fear and humiliation, yet who are willing to engage with grace in an on-going dance with forgiveness, truly awes me.

How do we extend our love and compassion outside of the bonds of our comfortable families, faith communities, and into the world where we could do some good? It's easy to love inside safe walls, harder outside of them.

What would me loving Franklin Graham look like? I can't see it, can't imagine it.

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

yes@ Bette

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

airclean33 wrote:

Airclean---You do admit Buddhisen is not Christainty?

Of course. Where did I say otherwise. I simply used a Christian analogy to explain something about Buddhism.

airclean33 wrote:

Airclean-- You have posted your not a Christain . I think I see this here. You see We Christains believe in a living GOD. Our God is with us an helps us learn.

As do I. My "God" is very alive, moving through the world with every moment that passes and teaching us about that presence, that forces, that make the very universe a living thing.

airclean33 wrote:

Myself Mendalla I find( that) 1.000 or 2.000 old book to be of great help. 

I do, too, ac. Some of the books I find useful are, in fact, even older (the earliest Hindu and Buddhist scriptures, Lao Tzu in China). But I also find many books and ideas that have come along since of equal help (and, given my generation, TV shows and movies). It is not that I do not find the Bible helpful; it is simply that I do not see it, or any other text, as the only one that is helpful.

airclean33 wrote:

May your day go well.

And yours as well, We may not see eye to eye but we can still learn from each other, eh?

Mendalla

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

Goodness!!! .... how to reply to this topic! ... it is so personal and in so many ways pain gets in the way.....  Today at church we had a sermon on that very thing ... and I had tears in my eyes .... good tears....

Ok ... deep breath here .... and I will try ....

What about these that scream and wail against us?    The clamour of their lies and outlandish prophecies???    And yes they are prophecies ..... fear mongering prophecies....

By the way ..... there was similar outcries about women's sufferage...

And then not so long ago .... about integration....

The "rights" of so called christians were being taken away .... supposedly... and christians were now being persecuted...

What was really happening is that their "right" to discriminate and oppress was being taken away .... and actually it was never a right at all.... scripture calls a "christian" to a far different expression of love.  So they scream and wail....

Given all the bile and vile .... maybe what we are witnessing here is the wail of demons as they lose their hold on the church.   After all ... what is being preached and especially how it is preached does not in any way measure up to the standards of gentleness, respect, and love that is required by scripture.

I no longer feel a need to confront such .... they are doing enough to their own cause.   Conservatives, evangelicals and the like are becoming much more open to understanding and their opposition is receding ..... especially amongst the younger crowd.    They are investigating and losing their taste for this sort of koolaid.

We have a few here that still are addicted to that brew and compel us to drink of it as well.    So be ... there will always be those .....

For me ..... whom the Son sets free is free indeed smiley

There is my contentment and there is my freedom to live as a good and loved creation.

Judge me on my friut please .... and I will judge sermons like this by the same standard.

Sincerely

Rita

dreamerman's picture

dreamerman

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

You find that Franklin Graham is an ass bb. I find that very interesting that you feel that way about Franklin. He likes to quote scripture and is very conservative in his belief. Airclean thinks he is okay. A lot of Christians might believe he is a good fundamentalist preaching god's word. So here is the kicker, Neo gives a different perspective to the scriptures than most Conservative Christians and you feel it is coming from another god that is somehow related to satan. So do you think Franklin Graham is also following another god's teaching that is not the same as your god's teaching? Is he also being led astray by demonic spirits?

dreamerman's picture

dreamerman

airclean33 wrote:

seeler wrote:

I will try to take a stab at it airclean. Is it Satan. Beelzebub, Lucifer and the Devil. Oh wait before you answer this I would like to add yes I know this is my god not yours and yet at the same time you seem to draw a hell of a lot of attention to that character than I do.wink

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Dcn. Jae wrote:
airclean33 wrote:

seeler wrote:

A name? Hm, let me think about that one... God, Father, Abba, Jesus, Spirit, YHWH, Jehovah, I Am, Lord, Master, Creator... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

-- Hi Dcn, jae--Yes father it is because we belong to one family and GOD is our Father . This being so important ,GOD saids you are to call no man Father  but Him. So then we who call GOD Father, are Brothers, and Sisters, we are of one famliy.So why then are we not" helping other Christains who are family.?  Thank you Jae and God Bless Brother. Not just because you had knowen. Because I'v knowen for a wile you are family. airclean33 Gord.

airclean33's picture

airclean33

dreamerman wrote:

airclean33 wrote:

seeler wrote:

I will try to take a stab at it airclean. Is it Satan. Beelzebub, Lucifer and the Devil. Oh wait before you answer this I would like to add yes I know this is my god not yours and yet at the same time you seem to draw a hell of a lot of attention to that character than I do.wink

Your post . Not mine.

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

dreamerman wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

You find that Franklin Graham is an ass bb. I find that very interesting that you feel that way about Franklin. He likes to quote scripture and is very conservative in his belief.

his dilivery method sucks 

Quote:

Airclean thinks he is okay. A lot of Christians might believe he is a good fundamentalist preaching god's word. So here is the kicker, Neo gives a different perspective to the scriptures than most Conservative Christians and you feel it is coming from another god that is somehow related to satan. So do you think Franklin Graham is also following another god's teaching that is not the same as your god's teaching? Is he also being led astray by demonic spirits?

Graham follows the same God as I do, but his preaching is like St Paul said,

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal

Neo on the other hand does not have a diffrent prespective, the spirit he listens to gives totaly new meaninsg and destroys the origional in the process, and is fallowing a new Christ not the Christ of scripture 

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Is God a mysterious head mon? That'd be a singular leader (exegete) if you could get that thought together while confused in the Shadow!

Such thoughts are buried in the head mon ... one sometimes has to dig deep in the masque (faceta) to see what cheek you're dealing with ... the emotional or intelligent side ...

Those tending toward emotional states get confused or citi-like in this matter and thus as busy as a gorse bush ... entanglement theology at it's best when a man like Juda is waylaid by a down to earth persona likeTamiyra ... an old icon of the continuous reflection ... ongoing thought that might outlive the matters of heart? This all transpired while under a tree, in the Shadow thereof!

Emotions appear to be spontaneous and unpredictable as compared to wiser foundations ... the things common people are not to know according to old church theology ... interferes with leadership that tends toward the emotional side of doing as they want and not what suits the greater need. Is there evidence of this in the perspective of higher powers than the wee peoples?

Could this explain the Maxim: "power corrupts"? Is that an odd thought to those in power of just a Gae bit of intellect from the marginal?

I'D cry but there is no use in crying ... one must laugh when looking at this like Shroödingers vision from out there (in song land) where things are fearfully in synchrony ... alas God needed somewhere to put the dissonant (Eris, Aries) in regards to all things that are God's ... some isolated types believe they own IT ...

Perhaps this explains the loss of manpower in artificial intelligence ... but what happens when manpower no longer can serve the marketplace? This presents a much larger perspective than mortal thought can perceive ... but easily ignore ... creating ongoing naivete! Such is mental power that is out of here according to Webster's definition of intellect.

But if you don't understand LOGOS (the word) how'd yah know? Why people prefer not to know ... it is ridiculously sadeistic ... as a consquence of non-respectful powers ... such are the powers of ill iterants ... who needed to be placed too ...

chansen's picture

chansen

blackbelt1961 wrote:

dreamerman wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

You find that Franklin Graham is an ass bb. I find that very interesting that you feel that way about Franklin. He likes to quote scripture and is very conservative in his belief.

That's like saying the worst thing about an ICBM is its delivery method. The delivery method hardly matters - it's the terrible effects that count.

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Airclean thinks he is okay. A lot of Christians might believe he is a good fundamentalist preaching god's word. So here is the kicker, Neo gives a different perspective to the scriptures than most Conservative Christians and you feel it is coming from another god that is somehow related to satan. So do you think Franklin Graham is also following another god's teaching that is not the same as your god's teaching? Is he also being led astray by demonic spirits?

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal

[/quote]

Paul was a bigoted and sexually repressive jackass. Paul is not the guy to bring up in defense of loving others if you're trying to say Franklin is doing it wrong, because Paul sucked at it, too.

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Neo on the other hand does not have a diffrent prespective, the spirit he listens to gives totaly new meaninsg and destroys the origional in the process, and is fallowing a new Christ not the Christ of scripture 

There are lots of different versions of Christ on display in the bible. You can find scripture about Christ to defend just about any position. Neo gets more creative than you do, but you both believe what you believe without evidence, so you're not really in a great position to get all uppity with him.

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

chansen wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

dreamerman wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

That's like saying the worst thing about an ICBM is its delivery method. The delivery method hardly matters - it's the terrible effects that count.

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Paul was a bigoted and sexually repressive jackass. Paul is not the guy to bring up in defense of loving others if you're trying to say Franklin is doing it wrong, because Paul sucked at it, too.

blackbelt1961 wrote:

There are lots of different versions of Christ on display in the bible. You can find scripture about Christ to defend just about any position. Neo gets more creative than you do, but you both believe what you believe without evidence, so you're not really in a great position to get all uppity with him.

[/quote]

The intent of the Spirit of the Bible is different than the spirit of Neos following, I wouldn't expect you to understand spirit 

chansen's picture

chansen

blackbelt1961 wrote:

The intent of the Spirit of the Bible is different than the spirit of Neos following, I wouldn't expect you to understand spirit 

And I have no expectation that you will understand evidence, but both your beliefs are on equal footing - they are beliefs rooted in faith and your interpretations of what you read and see and feel - nothing you can test against a hypothesis. And that's fine - I really think it is. Neither of you get to will your beliefs into reality, but you can believe what you want. If Neo wants to root his beliefs in Christianity but take it in a different direction than you, he can.

You can point to the bible. Neo can point to the bible. Also, Neo can point to the bible being corrupted and very selectively edited and compiled, and he'd have a point there, too.

Christianity has already splintered into thousands of different denominations and specific beliefs. You are not the arbiter of which are Christian and which are not.

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

chansen wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

And I have no expectation that you will understand evidence,

speaking of evidence 

See video

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi blackbelt1961,

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Franklin Graham

is an ass 

Hard to disagree with this assessment.  

And just to be clear he isn't Balaam's ass.  That talking donkey seemed to understand far better when the Holy was near and somewhat displeased.

I suppose it can't be easy living in his father's shadow though.  I mean he seriously believes that because his dad marched with Martin Luther King way back when he'd march with Westboro now.

I don't know how he comes to draw that line.  I just know that he does.

Many people look to Franklin Graham for direction.  I'm not one of them.

Grace and peace to you.

John

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

seeler wrote:

Yuppers;

and what is being exemplified here is

that among you

and blackbelt

& airclean33

& unsafe

& Neo

& etc

each of you have a unique, individual g_d and belief

that some of you may try to agree with someone else who says "yeah, we worship the same g_d" :3

and some of you are ok with Neo worshipping a different g_d than them...

which is what i find to be cool among sombunall Conservative Christians...then we get sombunall Liberal Christians who get all antsy and all, when a Conservative Christian presents their viewpoint, they then HAVE to promote their viewpoint...

its quite fascinating, really :3

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

blackbelt1961 wrote:

chansen wrote:

blackbelt1961 wrote:

And I have no expectation that you will understand evidence,

speaking of evidence 

See video

i'm glad those people are able to laugh at themselves -- that is a good human trait to have :3

(and remember, Dawkins isn't an atheist...)

GeoFee's picture

GeoFee

Hello... I am limited to a single paragraph. Can't figure why my enter button does not insert a paragraph break. Any hints, clues, fixes? Franklin is Billy's boy. There is a mother as well. These all shaped by the decisive influence and input of Randolph Hearst. A capitalist empire required divine sanction. Billy fit the bill. Franklin is paying it. Ahh the drama of religion and politics sponsored by capitalist patrons.

GeoFee's picture

GeoFee

Faith anticipates what is not yet known and steps towards its realization. It leaves in its wake evidence enough to justify faith as the first principle of creative freedom. Orville and Wilbur imagined the possibility of flight. They were taken as dreamers by the rational majority. Finding sufficient measure of support and encouragment, Orville and Wilbur set out to "prove" their faith.

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Ah blind faith takes us one step further than what is obvious ... then we can't see ourselves through that dark reflection coming from our neighbour ... why the Ba' L'Ms NDe is out of sight and we can't see our own ass until it is going ... and spiritually recess ... sort of like a regressive d'jinn ... something poorly understood by mortal simplicity! They don't like the abstract and more complex side ... sort of a soul'r complex metaphor!

One should always see themselves from the marginal perspective ... alas many of us forget our origins as just a mortal's crew up as ceded mistaken indentity when your DNA grows in another body ... that's sects for yah! People have a yin for this crossing over sensation ... yah gotta hand it to eM! And thus de crypt was formed ... as a dark unknowing faith ... actually mind bloen ... and thus lots of scattered thoughts to retreive in the unknown dimensions of human psyche ... thus the yah/yan (Gr).

How would I know ... but I do know I've been declared marginal since I was just a little guise ... so I follow expectations set on me by single lined views ... perspectives? They believe they're flat out right ... but if you haven't even looked at this from the other's ID in ... you could easily be de Rae'led ... expecially by powerful syntax of bullish sorts! Charismatic bawling goes a long way if you don't loook into the BS deeply ... some of the stuff buried in history is just hystrionic ... wold give real people hysterics ... like a Roman Pall's definition ... pure coverup for the dead languages? Many are stored in the basement of the Vat IHC 'n a glowing version of internalization of unknown entities!

jon71's picture

jon71

I agree that Franklin Graham is an ass. I have a lot of respect for Billy but none at all for Franklin. I don't have it handy but I have seen shocking numbers of people who are not churched, even many who grew up in the church, and by a massive margin the number one reason they cite as to why is the bigotry/intolerance/homophobia that they associate the church. Franklin Graham is working for the devil when he does this. He is making church/God seem toxic not just to gay people but straight allies as well. It is so twisted. There are almost 100 countries where people can go to jail for being gay and most a dozen where they can be executed and this douche-bag wants us to think that it's "Christian" preachers who will have their heads cut off. Is he being deliberately orwellian?

Btw. I have heard that at least privately Billy Graham was a lot more gay friendly. Reportedly when author Patricia Cornwell came out to Billy and Ruth Graham they gave her nothing but love and acceptance (this is a woman who wrote a biography of Ruth Bell Graham). I know when N. Carolina voted on their anti-gay marraige amendment an op-ed, supposedly written by Billy Graham was published but I always suspected that it was written by Franklin and he just claimed it was his dad's. With all of Billy's health problems I find it highly implausible that he could have written that even if he wanted to. It had Franklin's dirty finger prints all over it.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Personally I liked Billy Graham more when he was a straightforward Christian evangelist. In his later years he has aligned himself with many-pathways-to-God theology.

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

Maybe he just realized that those other pathways happened to end up at the very same door?

Could be a worthwhile discussion there.....

Regards

Rita

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

RitaTG wrote:

Maybe he just realized that those other pathways happened to end up at the very same door?

Could be a worthwhile discussion there.....

Regards

Rita

Rita, to witness Billy Graham expose his new line of thinking, please see the video on YouTube called, "Billy Graham, Universalist." There is some comment at the beginning that's of no matter. The important thing to hear is Mr. Graham's words themselves. I would post the video here for you to see, but I don't know how to do that using my phone, which is what I'm posting with.

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

I will look it up when time permits Dcn Jae.

Thank you for pointing it out...

Regards

Rita

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

But is he universalist in the Christian sense (Grace given to all) or UU sense (Truth in all traditions)? The former would still be viable for him as a Christian conservative. It goes back fairly far in Christian history. The latter would see him moving into progressive territory. From your comments, I'm assuming the latter. I'll hunt up the video later.

Mendalla

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

here's one that's a compilation

See video

Neo's picture

Neo

Dcn. Jae wrote:
Personally I liked Billy Graham more when he was a straightforward Christian evangelist. In his later years he has aligned himself with many-pathways-to-God theology.

So you believe that "the staight and narrow way" Christ spoke of is in reference to theology, and in particular "your" theology?

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:

So you believe that "the staight and narrow way" Christ spoke of is in reference to theology, and in particular "your" theology?

What I believe is that Jesus, and Jesus alone, is the way.

Neo's picture

Neo

Dcn. Jae wrote:
Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:

What I believe is that Jesus, and Jesus alone, is the way.

That's not quite what I asked you though. I was wondering if you believe that the "straight and narrow way" that Jesus spoke of, was all about theology? In other words, do you believe the only way to approach God is vis-a-vis theology and religion?

Witch's picture

Witch

In regards to the OP...

The only thing more dangerous than a religious lunatic, is a religious lunatic who is ready to die for it.

Nice to see the fundies are still firmly in control of Wondercafe. Keeps the hate in a centralized location.

Back to Religion and Faith topics
cafe