Jobam's picture

Jobam

Graham: Pastors Need To Be Willing To 'Get Our Heads Chopped Off' For Opposing Gay Rights

Graham: Pastors Need To Be Willing To 'Get Our Heads Chopped Off' For Opposing Gay Rights

Franklin Graham spoke at the Family Research Council's Watchmen on the Walls conference yesterday where he told the assembled pastors that they needed to be willing to have their heads chopped off for speaking the truth that gays are bound for hell.

"Are we going to be cowards because we're afraid?," Graham asked the crowd. "Could we get our heads chopped off? We could, maybe one day.  So what? Chop it off!"

Graham went on to assert that he loves gays "enough to care to warn them that if they want to continue living like this, it's the flames of hell for you" and he will continue to do so because he will one day have to answer to God and does not want to be found to have been a coward who refused to preach God's laws:

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/graham-pastors-need-be-willing-get...

See video

Share this

Comments

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

unsafe wrote:

Rev.Steven Davis and Mendalla   your quote    sayng I wrote  

unsafe wrote:

However, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently admitted that condoms do not prevent the transmission of most STDs. Mankind cannot outsmart God!

Sorry your way off base I DID NOT write this ---better check above ------nowhere DO i PERSONALLY SAY anything about the Goverment ---it is forerunner commentary on scripture -----not my words ---Period --if you have a problem with what the commentary says --you will have to adress it with them -

Yes, you DID write that.  Both Mendalla & Rev. Steven Davis used the quote function properly on your words and now they are here for all of us to see.

Don't be ashamed, no one's perfect :3

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Witch wrote:

In regards to the OP...

The only thing more dangerous than a religious lunatic, is a religious lunatic who is ready to die for it.

Nice to see the fundies are still firmly in control of Wondercafe. Keeps the hate in a centralized location.

heya there fellow blasphemer

i wouldn't call less than 10 people 'firmly in control'...

unless you're of the school that one is one too many

chansen's picture

chansen

Witch wrote:

In regards to the OP...

The only thing more dangerous than a religious lunatic, is a religious lunatic who is ready to die for it.

Nice to see the fundies are still firmly in control of Wondercafe. Keeps the hate in a centralized location.

Same as always. They post, but no one else takes them seriously. It's a bit of a sideshow, really. It's fun to watch, in a depressing way.

chansen's picture

chansen

InannaWhimsey wrote:

unsafe wrote:

Rev.Steven Davis and Mendalla   your quote    sayng I wrote  

unsafe wrote:

However, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently admitted that condoms do not prevent the transmission of most STDs. Mankind cannot outsmart God!

Sorry your way off base I DID NOT write this ---better check above ------nowhere DO i PERSONALLY SAY anything about the Goverment ---it is forerunner commentary on scripture -----not my words ---Period --if you have a problem with what the commentary says --you will have to adress it with them -

Yes, you DID write that.  Both Mendalla & Rev. Steven Davis used the quote function properly on your words and now they are here for all of us to see.

Don't be ashamed, no one's perfect :3

It seems unsafe thinks she can copy and paste things to her posts, not attribute the quotes, and not take responsibility for the quotes, all at the same time.

I suppose if you're going to be irresponsible, be very, very irresponsible.

Here is the amazing site she failed to credit:

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/5...

We should all feel bad for not noticing those weren't her words. No superfluous hyphens -- not unsafe's words.

So, unsafe wasn't lying. She just reads and quotes people who lie, and passes off the lies of others as if they were her own lies. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/reproductive-health/contraception/male-condom/

Neo's picture

Neo

Hey Witch, good to know you're still around.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

chansen wrote:

It seems unsafe thinks she can copy and paste things to her posts, not attribute the quotes, and not take responsibility for the quotes, all at the same time.

I suppose if you're going to be irresponsible, be very, very irresponsible.

Here is the amazing site she failed to credit:

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/5...

We should all feel bad for not noticing those weren't her words. No superfluous hyphens -- not unsafe's words.

So, unsafe wasn't lying. She just reads and quotes people who lie, and passes off the lies of others as if they were her own lies. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/reproductive-health/contraception/male-condom/

*chuckle*

She should learn to cite all copyrighted material in her posts;  #6 in WC's guidelines of conduct and in Genesis 0:1 "before the beginning was Intellectual Property, and it was Good"

unsafe -- there are various ways you can cite copyrighted material.  the main thing is that you give the copyright holder/author credit for their words, otherwise you are claiming (even though you may not be intentionally) their work as your own

there are various ways you can do this

one of my favourite ways is just to put the copyrighted words between quotations, then at the end put the author at least

or, another way you can do it is to use the quote command just around the specific copyrighted text...

take time to experiment with this to learn how to do it...

i made a thread here on wc expressly for that purpose

http://www.wondercafe.ca/discussion/religion-and-faith/welcome-wcs-sandbox

may you burgeon

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:
Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:
Personally I liked Billy Graham more when he was a straightforward Christian evangelist. In his later years he has aligned himself with many-pathways-to-God theology.

So you believe that "the staight and narrow way" Christ spoke of is in reference to theology, and in particular "your" theology?

What I believe is that Jesus, and Jesus alone, is the way.

That's not quite what I asked you though. I was wondering if you believe that the "straight and narrow way" that Jesus spoke of, was all about theology? In other words, do you believe the only way to approach God is vis-a-vis theology and religion?

I believe the only way to God is through Jesus. Call belief in Christ "theology" if you will. As far as religion goes, I believe that one can be outside of organized religion and still have peace with God. At the same time, I also believe that there are some real advantages to being a follower of Christ within organized Christian religion. That's my take, what's yours?

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

chansen wrote:

Witch wrote:

In regards to the OP...

Same as always. They post, but no one else takes them seriously. It's a bit of a sideshow, really. It's fun to watch, in a depressing way.

"...fundies... still firmly in control... Wondercafe..." Ha ha ha! I had forgotten how funny Witch could be!

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

It is a gritty function for those bodies of emotion that do not realize that their mental processes come from out there ... all about them ...

This is my thought extracted from Webster's quote about the definition of intellect (all that is beyond the emotions of mortals, or will). Yet there are those that do not believe in the beyond/myth or other metaphorical existence ... if you take this two ways we are simply an illusion of each other's wiles ... and thus mortals are a pain in the infinite as is ... the entanglement thorn! Some say a prick at least as was demonstrated in Snow Wites Myth ... something you can sleep on ... as the apple of your mind ... those truly emotional believe the apple toxic!

Yet Webster deals with conventions from his time and many cannot deal with conventional acceptance of a book as cast some thousands of years ago from god knows where ... as psyche is a slippery, elusive curve ... non-conventional cognizance and if you don't believe it is there ... IT's gone ... thus St Niche of Myra said God has no soul ... e-motionally it was lost in space-time and in loss of light while screwing about with mortal minds! These are areas (or volumes, tomes) beyond fixed or institutionally confined BS ... sort of like fresh Eire! Be careful when treading there ... you could fall ... carry a few long sticks and some skin and you could create bað wings and support yourself on Eire 've thought ... some say erroneous! As Oh Nus this leaves the responsibility on eM who don't use the surrounding gifts cautiously ... so as not to destroy the evidence that is ethereal! If the evidence is gone ... one has to regress to pathology of the psychic nature ... or backward thinking that could be perceived as reflective! How those outlanders learn from us in the sphere of virtal reality ... that'll ring some people's beLLes as paris of light ... pares/pairs? In par allal even ...

Thus you see thoughts going out there as wee Shadows ... some say flighty ... some say UFO's! then they lost eM ... and have to go by institutional regurgitation ... and thus dog maas break fast ... tres vite ... too quick for those stuck on the þo -ish of thorns ... a mental hang up?

Neo's picture

Neo

Dcn. Jae wrote:
Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:
Neo wrote:
Dcn. Jae wrote:
Personally I liked Billy Graham more when he was a straightforward Christian evangelist. In his later years he has aligned himself with many-pathways-to-God theology.

So you believe that "the staight and narrow way" Christ spoke of is in reference to theology, and in particular "your" theology?

What I believe is that Jesus, and Jesus alone, is the way.

That's not quite what I asked you though. I was wondering if you believe that the "straight and narrow way" that Jesus spoke of, was all about theology? In other words, do you believe the only way to approach God is vis-a-vis theology and religion?

I believe the only way to God is through Jesus. Call belief in Christ "theology" if you will. As far as religion goes, I believe that one can be outside of organized religion and still have peace with God. At the same time, I also believe that there are some real advantages to being a follower of Christ within organized Christian religion. That's my take, what's yours?

Thanks Jae. I only asked because you mentioned that didn't care for Billy Graham after he aligned himself with a "many pathways-to-God-theology". I was curious what you meant by that.

I agree with you regrading being at peace with God outside of religion. I believe that our ultimate goal in life is to establish a correct relationship between our spirit, mind and body, and that this coordination can be accomplished inside or outside of organized religion. Some say all one has to do is give our complete (and sometimes blind) allegiance to Christ. I believe we have to be at peace with own soul before we can approach peace with God.

Cheers.

Back to Religion and Faith topics
cafe