blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Legalism vs Grace

Legalism vs Grace

So what is Grace and what is Legalism,  we read and interpret and debate, we should obey God , yet I obey better that you as one pointed in another thread we should not play the lotto its worldly and we are relying on our self and not God to provide .

Legalism to  my understanding can lead to cultish religion and Grace leads to freedom, as stated in

Galatians 1:6-9    I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Those are some pretty strong words , as Jesus had some strong words of the legalists of His day. Why do churched not see legalism as what it is, a sin, yet its preached.

So what is legalism and how do we obey Gods word without being legalistic and preaching it to others? 

Share this

Comments

Neo's picture

Neo

unsafe wrote:

Neo   this is your quote       why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse while we suffer in poverty and war

You claim here that God ---the God of Israel is playing us like a cat and mouse game ----while we suffer in poverty and war ---

Now you have changed your view ...

No, this was my question:
Neo wrote:
The gift of grace has to be accepted in order to be had. If this were not the case then why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse while we suffer in poverty and war, when He could've granted grace out to whoever He wanted to a long time ago?

Do you see how reading words out of context can turn things around?
unsafe wrote:

QUESTION NEO---below

So I am asking you ---where is the god you worship in your Religion when your people are suffering from poverty and wars ----are your people Rich and at Peace while the people of the God of Israel are in poverty and war---

He is in the same place He has always been, surrounding us as we live and breathe and have our being.

Eventually an interjection is going to happen, it could happen anytime now. Humanity sits at the precipice of a great awakening, as all the signs are here. We are about to wake up on a global scale, changing everything. Hope will be renewed in the hearts of everyone as a golden age of peace will begin.

"..are my people Rich and at Peace while the people of the God of Israel are in poverty and war"?

What a dumb question!

Neo's picture

Neo

Going camping for the weekend and will be offline ...

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Neo -----your quote   What a dumb question! ----

No Neo ---your statement --- why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse while we suffer in poverty and war

Is What is dumb -- --Not only is it dumb ---it is based in ignorance of just who God is and what He has done for you -----

The Suffering Servant ---Isaiah 52

13 My servant will be successful.
    He will be respected, praised, and highly honored.
14 Many will be shocked by him.[b]
    His appearance will be so disfigured
        that he won’t look like any other man.
        His looks will be so disfigured
            that he will hardly look like a human.

Neo's picture

Neo

You need to re-read my post very carefully, you are missing the point. (Perhaps someone can explain, I have to run)

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Romans 11:33 states the fact perfectly about those that claim to know god personally ...

Such claims add to the mystery and allow God to remain explicitely out of 'ere, or there in Eire if you can comprehend the outside context ... we are but small pieces in the dilemma ... in case you haven't noticed ... it makes some of us humble and appear stupid to those that believe they know everything infinitely ... when infinite is beyond mortal conditions---Einstein and other forrunners ... like light that may take up IR and UV symptoms according to recession rates ... some illuminatii are receding so fast we can only catch tem when completely out of it and not just borderline characters or emotional spirits!

One must get a bit beyond oneself to envision this---Heiseinberg, or was it Schroöderized, the lifting of the veil/schroöd? peole just refuse to understand ... sorry Lord it's not my fault ... they lie in denial thus onyx'd to the befallen ... or those with the Eire knocked out've eM!

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Rev. Steven Davis,

Rev. Steven Davis wrote:

Actually, in Christian terms legalism is not the law, nor does it relate necessarily to the law of Moses. The law is a code of conduct, legalism is a way of applying that code of conduct to one's relationship with God. Legalism is the belief that one must work to gain the favour and approval of God by obeying a set of rules and regulations - which could be the law of Moses, but which could also be any set of rules or regulations a particular community (or even individual) chooses.

Well put.

Grace and peace to you.

John

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi waterfall,

waterfall wrote:

Would we need the law if we all just loved God and one another?

That presumes that the law is not at all concerned with how we demonstrate our love for God or one another.

Is such a presumption accurate?

Grace and peace to you.

John

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Arminius,

Arminius wrote:

Grace is more diffcult to define. Rev John defines it as an unmerited favour by God.

Not at all correct.

I agree with the dictionary definition of grace as unmerited favour.

Whomever shows unmerited favour to any other is, by definition, extending grace.

In that I am simply accepting a definition which has been in play for centruries and is generally understood by literate individuals.  It is how we communicate with one another.

Arminius wrote:

I define it as the experience or awareness of ultimate reality, of our innate state of being.

Which is fine if you are the final arbiter of what words mean and your inventions hold more weight than accepted definitions.

Banana dogpatch

John

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Such presumption allows for free will and allows those emotional sorts to do as they wile ...

There appears to be a dimension of observers and visionaries that have no effect now but in future history ... such is the method of plae in time! But Iyam not supposed to say such things ... as common ... I'm not supposed to know --- heiros gamma!

Many church authorities don't know the closed nature of this early church statute! Thus the predomination of stoics ...

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi WaterBuoy,

WaterBuoy wrote:

Such presumption allows for free will and allows those emotional sorts to do as they wile 

No.  It doesn't.

Free will itself is a presumption.

Doing what one wills is not a proof of a free will so much as it is proof of a will.

Grace and peace to you.

John

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

But alas Rev. John ... many Bottoms (Shakespearean Asses) are well grounded in the belief in free will ... I've heard many ministers speak of it as it is solid metaphysics! Follow your heart at any cost ...especially if it is the "other"! Is that a fixed crap-out as stoic?

This is something that requires thought that is beyond them (eM) ... beyond having the metaphor myth is myrrh deire for them to comprehend ... and their free will keeps them self (IHC) centred as gravid material for other wise men to learn from ... the emotional side of church busines ass usual goes against such predispositions to question such odd things!

Thus the life of those shunned as thinkers or outlandish intelligence ... some borderline types would be helpful ... like Rahab a fence-sitter ... and polity is against meddlin populations ... thus media of wisdom is subtle!

Is that too ponderous Rev John?

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Perhaps why humanity is in deep chit and doesn't yet know it ...

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Would be interested to hear any opinions on covenantal nomism and how that fits into the discussion of grace and legalism. It's something our NT professor touched on very briefly in class last Wednesday. Thanks.

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

This is what gods do for unthunk peoples ... thus blind and naive followers as stewed PIðs ... Nus ess with unseen Bottoms?

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

WaterBuoy wrote:

This is what gods do for unthunk peoples ... thus blind and naive followers as stewed PIðs ... Nus ess with unseen Bottoms?

Not sure what you're talking about here. Some kind of dessert item?

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

JAE ...

Call it rump us tildes kins ...

Do you connect "nom-ism" and gnome? It is a fine (node) relationship ... part of the underlying network of despised thoughts by those mentally freed from thought and driven by free wiles ... you could say there is no "eM" they're a statistical population that is improbable as thoughts in a world based on emotions ... ethereal cases? This could be quantuumly vaccuous!

Isn't that a thorn to speak of ... like pricking your ears to what you don't know. Some aboriginals even put bones in their ears ... a good sign they had the skeleton of the myth down pat in their (h)earing! This is od'able is phoneticised adequately in a place that demands quiet ... do it while facing the LOGOS! Sometimes the num-ino-us is impressed by what implicitely scrypted ... so the wiles won't know ...

To catch on one might need a bit of virtual reflection ... what the Heb called Canan ... where thoughts bounce around ... this is outlawed by Genesis 2 making me a bit of d' evils child in a naive social order of pure ignorance ... as I think about these thingys ...

I'm told not to do this (often in church) a part of a system of reverse psyche trends? This is upsetting for some of the "Jared" bunch ... Jared comes up many times in the biblical context ... perhaps god's red faced side when it is observed what's gone wrong here in the Golden Rule as  inverse omi god... perhaps omega'd as a chamber dumped? Why we need chamber maids to know what chit should be tossed out for public recognition ... alas those people are trained in non recognizance of proper chit! Thus the sayr or undrlying subtle ty of what's thunk in that sinking feeling you gat at times about humanity and its value systems ... all based of what is not known ... and thus better that stone unturned in church liguistics ...

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

A note on God's grace (Nelson's Compact Bible Dictionary)...

"...Paul makes it abundantly clear that salvation is not something that can be earned; it can be received only as a gift of grace (Romans 4:4). Grace, however, must be accompanied by faith; a person must trust in the mercy and favor of God, even while it is undeserved (Romans 4:16; Galatians 2:16)."

waterfall's picture

waterfall

revjohn wrote:

Hi waterfall,

waterfall wrote:

Would we need the law if we all just loved God and one another?

That presumes that the law is not at all concerned with how we demonstrate our love for God or one another.

Is such a presumption accurate?

Grace and peace to you.

John

I suppose that is the point, it gets complicated sometimes, especially when so many "hear God" and want to define how we should love God and one another and what was meant exactly.

Reminds me of the Hippocratic Oath, seems simple but there are always variables and changes reflecting different times and cultures.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Dcn.Jae,

Dcn. Jae wrote:

Would be interested to hear any opinions on covenantal nomism and how that fits into the discussion of grace and legalism.

It is an idea that the Covenant, enacted by God is an act of grace and that (particularly) the Jews are born into the covenant by  virtue of God's promise to Abraham.

Jews adherence to the law is necessary to maintain covenantal standing.

Works do not give one entry into the covenant yet works are a necessity in maintaining the covenant.

It is an attempt to reconcile works and grace which has some merit.  Though since it primarily focuses on the beliefs of 1 century Jews it is difficult to see its application in a Christian context.

Grace and peace to you.

John

WaterBuoy's picture

WaterBuoy

Are ideas, close to opions, conceptions, thoughts leading to knowledge and the authorities don't like us to have such ideas ... so we losst IT or Luce-end the mind and don't got it no more ... if you do the norm thinks you a bit off ... or even farce-ID!

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

revjohn wrote:

Hi Dcn.Jae,

Dcn. Jae wrote:

Would be interested to hear any opinions on covenantal nomism and how that fits into the discussion of grace and legalism.

It is an idea that the Covenant, enacted by God is an act of grace and that (particularly) the Jews are born into the covenant by  virtue of God's promise to Abraham.

Jews adherence to the law is necessary to maintain covenantal standing.

Works do not give one entry into the covenant yet works are a necessity in maintaining the covenant.

It is an attempt to reconcile works and grace which has some merit.  Though since it primarily focuses on the beliefs of 1 century Jews it is difficult to see its application in a Christian context.

Grace and peace to you.

Thanks John, that's pretty much what the Prof said too, but your description here has helped me to understand. Appreciated.

John

Neo's picture

Neo

unsafe wrote:

Neo -----your quote   What a dumb question! ----

No Neo ---your statement --- why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse while we suffer in poverty and war

Is What is dumb -- --Not only is it dumb ---it is based in ignorance of just who God is and what He has done for you -----

The Suffering Servant ---Isaiah 52

13 My servant will be successful.
    He will be respected, praised, and highly honored.
14 Many will be shocked by him.[b]
    His appearance will be so disfigured
        that he won’t look like any other man.
        His looks will be so disfigured
            that he will hardly look like a human.

Ok, first of all why would you post to me such a sensationalist and over-the-top clip from such a bad Mel Gibson movie? I am capable of understanding a point without the emotional visual.

Second of all, I did not say that I believed that God is playing with us like a cat and mouse, I qualified the statement with an "if" statement. e.g ".. The gift of grace has to be accepted in order to be had. If this were not the case then why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse .."

I apologize if this wasn't clear in my quote above. I believe we are here for very specific reasons, with the primary reason being becoming aware of our true nature.

Neo's picture

Neo

Unsafe, you also asked me "--where is the god you worship in your Religion when your people are suffering from poverty and wars ----are your people Rich and at Peace while the people of the God of Israel are in poverty and war---"

I found this question rather offensive and insensitive on your part. I have always been up front regarding "my religion" and how we need to see the world as one in order to live in peace. Justice for the impoverished is just as important as freedom and liberty. In fact, without the former the latter can never really truly be had.

Neo's picture

Neo

What really bothers me about this belief in unmerited grace is not so much that God can shine grace on anyone It likes, and forgive the sins of anyone It likes at any time, it's the idea that if one doesn't believe in such a doctrine then they must walking with the devil down the wrong path. Really? Since when did "doctrine" become more important?

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo    your quote    I found this question rather offensive and insensitive on your part.

Well I find the same with some of your remarks about a God who suffered and went to hell to save you from the same fate ------you are the one that brought up the words Poverty and Wars not me ----and this is your statement ---you can fudge it all you want to but you said what you said -----your statement --- why is God playing with us like a cat and mouse while we suffer in poverty and war ----grace has nothing to do with these words -----

So what you are saying is it is OK for you to ask why the God of Israel is playing games but you get offended when I ask where your god is for your people who worship your god ---why are they still in  poverty and wars ----why isn't your god helping ----is your god playing games with your people who still suffer from poverty ands wars -----The only reason you would be upset about the video is if you feel guilty about what one person took on and died for you --He took  your pain --your sufferings ---your sins ---your diseases ---  your iniquity --your poverty -all upon Himself so you could live in peace --joy --happiness ---health ---and Blessings not poverty  -----and you ask if God is playing games -----now that is offensive ---not to me but to God -----

God has nothing to do with the poverty and wars on this earth ----we are responsible for that --we humans ----The bible tells you very clearly how to get God involved in the affairs of this earth ---God has to be ask and invited to intervene in worldly affairs --No one who is running this country and world is asking or inviting God to get involved ---we human feel we don't need God's advice or help ----as Satan is well involved in the running of this world ----People are content to have wars and poverty in this world ---wars and poverty is all moreabout POWER and Greed ----Satan's Hook -----

Hand sign for love ----

Satan hand sign    ----

Neo's picture

Neo

Well I was going to explain to you again that I really didn't mean to post that about the cat and mouse thing, bad framing of words on my account and taken out of context, but then I watched this video:

Unsafe wrote:

Satan hand sign    ----

Is this really how you think Unsafe? You can spot Satan because of this hand sign? Even the ones that do so deliberately are still human beings, some of of them could be your kids or nieces or nephews. You're so quick to judge.

The narrator of that little vid sounds just like the Church Lady from SNL, the one seeing "Satan" in everyone. Do you actually think this Unsafe? It can't be healthy for you.

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Neo wrote:
What really bothers me about this belief in unmerited grace is not so much that God can shine grace on anyone It likes, and forgive the sins of anyone It likes at any time, it's the idea that if one doesn't believe in such a doctrine then they must walking with the devil down the wrong path. Really? Since when did "doctrine" become more important?

i sometimes wonder if you remember what you write , you earlier said matriya interprets for you, you follow Alice Bailys teachings.? 

and you have no doctrine?????????

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

double post

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo

You don't need to worry about my Health Neo ----I haven't been sick for a long time now --Jesus died so I could be well and I adhere to God's word and it works -----It clearly says we are healed and made whole ----Part of the finished works of Jesus who died for you Neo ------Where is the respect for that ------You can put your head in the sand about Satan but that won't stop him from his influence in this world -----God will win in the end but for now Satan rules this word -----and if you don't have Christ he rules you ---PERIOD ----The people who run this world don't want God involved ----The schools have taken God out ---most churches don't have God involved ----God is there for the asking ---no one is asking ------- 

Isaiah 53:5

Amplified Bible (AMP)

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

Peace

Neo's picture

Neo

I don't put my head in the sand about satan Unsafe, but neither am I fanatical about it. Satan occurs when the forces of involution begin to creep up onto the forces of evolution. But unless you know the secret behind the pairs of opposites then these words mean nothing to you.

In order to see it we need to understand the secret behind good and evil. "Be ye wise as serpents", Jesus said. Which to me means to understand the nature of good and evil, light and darkness, life and death. The polar opposites.

The serpent has an oscillating and undulating motion, revealing that positive and negative can be we seen as two sides of the same coin. Only then can we see the one-ness of it all. And only in the centre can we find true peace.

Again, to quote Jesus when He spoke of the "straight and narrow way". To me, this is in reference to the centre line between the polar opposites. It is here where we "still our little image" and begin to reflect the Universe. Do you see? How do we still the waters? How do we polish the mirror and reflect the Divine? These are questions we can only ask ourselves. Great Teachers like the Christ can show us the way, but the truth lies within.

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo

I have nothing more to add  -----I have said what I wanted to -----

Peace

Neo's picture

Neo

Ok Unsafe, but do try to be nice to people. And implying that people are of satan, (when you really don't know), and then saying "peace" at the end is not being nice.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Not that there's anything wrong with Satan or being of Satan, right?

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Hi Neo -- Your post ---Again, to quote Jesus when He spoke of the "straight and narrow way". To me, this is in reference to the centre line between the polar opposites. It is here where we "still our little image" and begin to reflect the Universe. Do you see?

Airclean--Jesus said---

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Noe Posted--

How do we still the waters? How do we polish the mirror and reflect the Divine? These are questions we can only ask ourselves. Great Teachers like the Christ can show us the way, but the truth lies within.

Airclean--Neo  Christ Jesus didn't come to teach us the way. HE WAS THE WAY.You are right though those who know Christ and believe, have been given that gift of Truth Neo . We call it The Holy Spirit This ofcouse is Jesus and GOD as well.It is with us now and always.

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo     your quote    Ok Unsafe, but do try to be nice to people. And implying that people are of satan, (when you really don't know), and then saying "peace" at the end is not being nice.

I will add this -----Please don't tell me how I should try to be -----and the truth is is this straight from God  Himself Neo ---and God tells the truth ---you apparentaly don't want to believe the truth ---you want to believe the deceiver ---Satan --and that Neo is OK with me -----

You Are of Your Father the Devil

John 8:42-45

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

42 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me. After all, I’m here, and I came from God. I didn’t come on my own. Instead, God sent me. 43 Why don’t you understand the language I use? Is it because you can’t understand the words I use? 44 You come from your father, the devil, and you desire to do what your father wants you to do. The devil was a murderer from the beginning. He has never been truthful. He doesn’t know what the truth is. Whenever he tells a lie, he’s doing what comes naturally to him. He’s a liar and the father of lies. 45 So you don’t believe me because I tell the truth.

Peace to you Neo

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

unsafe,

wow, what overweening ego and pride -- your slip is showing :3

take responsibility for ALL the words you CHOOSE to write

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Burn Neo burn! Burrrrn!!! Peace.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Neo,

just remember,

those that matter never mind

those that mind never matter

Neo's picture

Neo

unsafe wrote:
You Are of Your Father the Devil
Peace to you Neo

...I guess I'm not surprised. I'm assuming the charges here are daring to think free? God forbid. {wink}

Neo's picture

Neo

InannaWhimsey wrote:

Neo,

just remember,

Are you sure you want to be seen with likes of me Inanna? After all, The Lord is apparently speaking directly through unsafe here ..

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Neo wrote:
InannaWhimsey wrote:

Neo,

just remember,

Are you sure you want to be seen with likes of me Inanna? After all, The Lord is apparently speaking directly through unsafe here ..

its always bizarre when someone chooses to denigrate or insult using their own mythology...

i liken it to being insulted by a seagull...i can see and hear the gull, but for the life of me i can't grok what they're screeching aboot :3

hail Satan!

hail co(s)mic Jesus!

hail Humanity!

<screech><burble><bort>

(heck, what's happening to you is yet another instance of Legalism vs. Grace)

Neo's picture

Neo

InannaWhimsey wrote:

Neo wrote:
InannaWhimsey wrote:

Neo,

just remember,

...heck, what's happening to you is yet another instance of Legalism vs. Grace

You can see how fanatical belief systems could lead to witch burning and general persecution. And for what? Not believing the way some people think I should believe? I'm just thankful that I'm not living in those old days and Unsafe was in any kind of power position. I'd be gone for sure.

"Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me.
"
- The Ballad of John and Yoko

Neo's picture

Neo

blackbelt1961 wrote:

Neo wrote:

i sometimes wonder if you remember what you write , you earlier said matriya interprets for you, you follow Alice Bailys teachings.? 

Doctrine is a set rules and beliefs that define an organized religion or political party. I belong to neither. I do have certain beliefs, but who doesn't? I would never, however, go so far as to condemn another to hell for not believing I what I believe. There is nothing Christ-like in that kind of doctrine.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Neo,

oh, i can see connexions between your sense of being hurt & the list you gave (and your statements there are copacetic with some of chansen's statements regarding unsafe, airclean33, blackbelt)...

you and you alone get to decide how far you want to take your sense of hurt here

as for persecuting witches, i got some awesome insight into it from James Burke's "the day the universe changed"

an act of logical & rational mercy at that time period

See video

unsafe's picture

unsafe

Hi Neo     your quote   I would never, however, go so far as to condemn another to hell for not believing I what I believe.

Big Cop Out on your part Neo ---blaming another for your personal  choice ----

No one condemns anyone  to Hell ----we condemn ourselves by not accepting Christ ---it is an individual choice -----to accept or deny ----Playing the blame games won't help you go to heaven ----

The doctrine is very simple ---accept Christ go to Heaven ---Deny Christ go to Hell --simple not hard to understand ----Your choice to go to Hell or not -----

Peace to you Neo

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

and if it helps, Neo, you are BFcrazy, i am BFcrazy, blackbelt is BFcrazy, unsafe is BFcrazy, etc...

we're all loonies here!

also, Hell is where all the interesting people are.  Wouldn't you rather be with such greats as Einstein, Galileo, Ezra Pound, Tolstoy, etc rather than spend eternity with such sanctimonious people as unsafe?

That would be hell...oh, wait, contradict--POOF!

airclean33's picture

airclean33

Hi Neo -- Unsafe Neo posted The word of GOD to help you. How do i know this . because Christ didn't come into the world to condem it . He came to save it. I can remember when those words would have ment me. Again I tell you I to was wrong and had to change my life.  We were at one time all under sa-tans rule. and didn't know it. What you believe is up to you. I myself will line up with those who have gone befor me. Christ being the first  Part of the Kingdom to come and He shell return at the end.. The Bible speaks of many of these women and men. Who layed there lives down for there beliefs in Christ Jesus and we are told ,it is not us who will come to kill . But those who fear us and will try to end GODS Kingdom on earth . It never will happen it has been started and will not end untill the world is once more full of those who follow only GOD. All Glory Be To God. 

Neo's picture

Neo

airclean33 wrote:

Hi Neo -- Unsafe Neo posted The word of GOD to help you. How do i know this . because Christ didn't come into the world to condem it..

If you know unsafe's motives so well, please explain to me what crime I have been found guilty of? Is it because I believe that God is me and you and every other person on Earth? This is a crime?

You said that Christ was not here to teach and that He "was the way". I agree with you, but He was also here to teach by example. He washed His disciples feet to show them that they too were just as divine as He was. The only difference is that the disciples were as yet unaware of their divinity.

Is this type of thinking blasphemy? Or is this a recognition that God is everywhere and in everything? Including us.

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Neo wrote:
Ok Unsafe, but do try to be nice to people. And implying that people are of satan, (when you really don't know), and then saying "peace" at the end is not being nice.

Neo, you quote Jesus alot ,  was Jesus being nice when he said 

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Just saying 

blackbelt1961's picture

blackbelt1961

Neo wrote:
blackbelt1961 wrote:

Neo wrote:

Doctrine is a set rules and beliefs that define an organized religion or political party. I belong to neither. I do have certain beliefs, but who doesn't? I would never, however, go so far as to condemn another to hell for not believing I what I believe. There is nothing Christ-like in that kind of doctrine.

sorry Neo that BS, you have a doctrine in your certian beliefs, nice try in trying to get away from it. 

This is Christ Like 

I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

Jesus didnt say , mabey, ill think about it, or let me sleep on it, Jesus said, you shall indeed die in your sins 

Back to Religion and Faith topics