InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Blessings & Healings Request

genties & ladlemen,

my mother has been given 3 to 12 months to live; her cancer has progressed to that point.  she says she is ready to go, has everything set up, but, of course, i can tell she doesn't want to go.  thank g_odness she lives in a place and time where she gets to choose -- she's tried various chemo (but not all of them) and, I think, is choosing quality of life over quantity

i ask for blessings for her from those who can and healing for her from those who can, sendings of positive energy and good wishes her way

there are cases of spontaneous remission (as the rationalistists hand-wave) -- she's been quite fortunate so far

humanity, blessed humanity, powerful and necessary and holy.  we are bits of universe exploring itself

Share this

Comments

kaythecurler's picture

kaythecurler

I'm holding you in my heart tonight along with your family.

The death of a loved one is never easy to bear.

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

Inannawhimsey-that was a short and quick journey to the end of your mom's earthly life. I'm glad the narcotics worked their powerful magic and allowed you and the family some meaningful time togeter. Watching the sunset and scotched ice chipps! as wellas  wise words.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through the next few days!

stardust's picture

stardust

In Memory of Your Beautiful Mother

"When she shall die

Take her and cut her out in little stars,

And she will make the face of heaven so fine

That all the world will fall in love with night

And pay no attention to the garish sun.

(3rd Act Romeo and Juliet)

Inanna : 

Sincere sympathy, love and courage to you and yours.

You will always

have your mom in memory.

Beloved's picture

Beloved

Inanna, extending sincere condolences in your loss of Mom - a sad and difficult time for you and all your family.  May an abundance of grace, peace, and strength surround you and hold you close.  Sorry for your loss.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

My condolences to you on the death of your mother.

May your sojourn in the valley of the shadow of death be neither too long or too painful.  May your loved ones be a blessing and a support to you in the days and weeks to come.

Grace and peace to you.

John

AaronMcGallegos's picture

AaronMcGallegos

So sorry to hear this Inannawhimsey. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family. 

Northwind's picture

Northwind

Hi Inanna, I'm sorry to hear of your mom's death. It is awesome that she went out with style. Peace be with you during this dificult time. 

ab penny's picture

ab penny

My condolences to you and your family, Inanna.  Your family sounds strong and close, wise and funny...like you.  Peace and strength sent your way...

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

Condolences to you and to your family, IW.  May you find grace and peace in memories.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

chemgal's picture

chemgal

Inanna, sorry to hear your Mom is gone.  It sounds like her last bit of time here was positive though, a thumbs up for the good drugs and the doctors who have the sense to give them out!

I'll be sending some strength vibes your way to help you get through the next while *hugs*.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing Inanna. Will be holding you in my thoughts.

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

You gave us such a loving snapshot of your beautiful mother that I liked her right away.
Hoping everything you need is nearby as you walk through this hard place.

Birthstone's picture

Birthstone

Inanna, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I offer my sympathy.  Your post about her death and last few smiles was alight with love and admiration for her & those around you.   I hope you're wrapped in love from friends and family, and the Spirit too.  Without a doubt, the Cafe is here for you too.

Panentheism's picture

Panentheism

Peace and Grace to your family and you..... blessings

gecko46's picture

gecko46

Very sorry to learn of your mother's passing, Inanna.  She sounds like a wonderful lady.  May memories of happy times and being together with family and friends help and sustain you in the coming days and weeks.

Take care.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Just thinking of you, Ina.  Thankful for your families creativity to help your mom in her final days.  

EasternOrthodox's picture

EasternOrthodox

Inanna, I don't come by often these days, but I noticed this and I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing.  I will try to load a photo.

EasternOrthodox's picture

EasternOrthodox

I can't seem to make it smaller.

Orthodox prayer for the dead

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend the soul of your servant Inanna's mother and beseech you to grant her rest in the place of your rest, where all your blessed Saints repose, and the light of your countenance shines forever.

Here is some music of different types, perhaps it will make you feel better.  Just links, i don't know how to embed vids.  I find music helps me.

Orthodox funeral music (always sung in a minor key, a capella)

Memory Eternal (often sung by a deep bass, this is not in English)

Memory Eternal

Kontakion for the departed, the English words are displayed in the first two minutes, then it is sung in Ukranian, I think.  This same song was used in the funeral scene of Dr. Zhivago.

Kontakion of the Departed

Ukranian Cossack Requiem (some Catholic influence perhaps)

Don Cossack Choir Requiem Mass Rest Eternal and Exhultation

Classical, Mozart's Requiem Mass (Catholic)

Mozart   Requiem   Karl Bohm

Protestant, familiar ones

O God Our Help In Ages Past - National Cathedral Sept 14, 2001 National Prayer Service

CWM RHONDDA-GUIDE ME O THOU GREAT REDEEMER

Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night) - live on Radio Adelaide

Folk

Can the circle be unbroken - The Carter Family

Pinga's picture

Pinga

what a wonderful gift to Ina, EO.

Quite kind.

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

Thank you EO

BethanyK's picture

BethanyK

I am so sorry to hear about your mother Inanna. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

spirit wind 7's picture

spirit wind 7

I am just checking in....quite a life and journey toward the light for you and your mom, Ivanna.

The sadness came in waves for me.   Yet your mom is healed and alive inside your heart...no one can take that away.   But it does take time getting used to the move from seeing, hearing and touching her, to the inner nudges and memories that wiill likely make you laugh, then cry.

Let your love feel deeply the pain, for it does hurt.  But the light soon will come again to stay.  She is with you, and your family in her own special way with each of you.

God bless this pain into healing and life renewed and living....in the spirit we are one.

Namaste...

LBmuskoka's picture

LBmuskoka

Innawhimsey, as we walk this road we can lean on each other and remember

Pinga's picture

Pinga

so true, LB

Ina, thinking of you today

SG's picture

SG

I just saw this, been offline.... Know my thoughts are with you and yours.

SG's picture

SG

Pinga's picture

Pinga

Ina, today is the 2nd anniversary of my mother's death.  The pain shifts, the time helps to focus on the length of her life, rather than the shortness of her death.

May you be able to remember happier times.

Beloved's picture

Beloved

Oh my - where did those two years go, pinga . . . just as a Wondercafer friend, it seems like not that long ago - thinking of you this anniversay day and all the emotions, thoughts, and memories it evokes.  Peace.

myst's picture

myst

InannaWhimsey, I have not been on wondercafe this past week and am just catching up. I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I am holding you in my thoughts during this difficult time.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

well darn

what i was really hoping for is for some extra skilled petitions from the people of Canada to the Abusive Parent in the Sky for some Healing...but shucks, looks like nobody was home...ah well...thanks for trying, m'dears :3

crazyheart wrote:

"Be happy and live life to the fullest"

Wonderful advice inanna.

Blessings to you and your family.I would have liked to meet your mom.

ty sister

talk to a medium? :3

or go here to see her some of her beauty (the fullness of which, thankfully, you are protected against by the Internet -- otherwise, your mind would probably be blasted) http://www.facebook.com/hanneke.saunders.3

waterfall wrote:

Inanna, just know I'm thinking about you and your family as you mourn the loss of your mother and reminisce about the blessed legacy she has obviously left you all with. She sounds like an amazing woman that will continue to influence all of your lives.

ty sister
I was never a morning person -- my mother would get so tired in elementary school dragging me out of bed. So she finally said she'd take me to school, pjs or school clothes...and she did. She brought my school clothes with me in the van, of course; she wasn't cruel...:3

carolla wrote:

Oh goodness Innana - that was a quick exit your mom made - seems like no time at all since you told us about her illness. But from what you've posted about her, that was her way of being in the world - getting on with getting things done. And I think you already grasp life and live it well ... she is no doubt proud. I imagine all of you will miss her greatly in your own ways.

I'm glad you have a "fierce" sister - and such a large family to share this time with. Glad that her pain was relieved and you all could be together today - and I love that you all shared some scotch! (When we sat vigil with my mom, my dad brought cookies - only 2 each! - carefully calculated - but that was his way of being in the world!)

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

ty sister
Yuppers, she went quick.

My bro and I have been having 'interesting times' with scotch, some really good beer and mixing that with her medical marijuana pills :3 i think i am still stoned, though not like yesterday...

BetteTheRed wrote:

Inanna, what a blessing your mother was to you and your family. What a very cool example of a very good death. Hugs to you and yours as you remember and miss her.

ty sister

oh, i think she tore death a strip and then took death out for some tea

Pinga wrote:

Inawhimsey, that was just so short a time for her and you, and she was so young.

We will be here for you as you walk the journey ahead.

I am so sorry.

ty sister

everything that is human is within me and i assume through every other human...pain and pleasure, suffering and joy, sadness and happiness, despair and meaning...

kaythecurler wrote:

I'm holding you in my heart tonight along with your family.

The death of a loved one is never easy to bear.

ty sister

that's an aweful big heart you have there :3

Tabitha wrote:

Inannawhimsey-that was a short and quick journey to the end of your mom's earthly life. I'm glad the narcotics worked their powerful magic and allowed you and the family some meaningful time togeter. Watching the sunset and scotched ice chipps! as wellas wise words.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through the next few days!

ty sister :3
we've been going through my mom's house -- she has a lot of stuff for someone who lives so frugally...

stardust wrote:

In Memory of Your Beautiful Mother

"When she shall die

Take her and cut her out in little stars,

And she will make the face of heaven so fine

That all the world will fall in love with night

And pay no attention to the garish sun.

(3rd Act Romeo and Juliet)

Inanna :

Sincere sympathy, love and courage to you and yours.

You will always

have your mom in memory.

ty very much for the words, ((sister))

i can be with my mom and talk with her at any time as well...i just have to keep my cynicism at bay and be mindful :3

Beloved wrote:

Inanna, extending sincere condolences in your loss of Mom - a sad and difficult time for you and all your family. May an abundance of grace, peace, and strength surround you and hold you close. Sorry for your loss.

ty sister

universe does indeed shower with blessings

revjohn wrote:

My condolences to you on the death of your mother.

May your sojourn in the valley of the shadow of death be neither too long or too painful. May your loved ones be a blessing and a support to you in the days and weeks to come.

Grace and peace to you.

John

ty brother

universe again going "WAKE UP!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR LIMITED LIFE SLEEPING!!!"

AaronMcGallegos wrote:

So sorry to hear this Inannawhimsey. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

ty brother
ty for the opportunity to be met by and meet you folks

Northwind wrote:

Hi Inanna, I'm sorry to hear of your mom's death. It is awesome that she went out with style. Peace be with you during this dificult time.

ty sister

yuppers, she's got a special part of paradise --

ab penny wrote:

My condolences to you and your family, Inanna. Your family sounds strong and close, wise and funny...like you. Peace and strength sent your way...

ty sister

my bio sister already has the Celebration of Life ('wake') planned...there are going to be HORSES and it'll take place at a HORSE BARN (she taught dressage)

redbaron338 wrote:

Condolences to you and to your family, IW. May you find grace and peace in memories. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

ty brother

never fall asleep!

chemgal wrote:

Inanna, sorry to hear your Mom is gone. It sounds like her last bit of time here was positive though, a thumbs up for the good drugs and the doctors who have the sense to give them out!

I'll be sending some strength vibes your way to help you get through the next while *hugs*.

ty sister
mmm, chemical vibes!

Kimmio wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing Inanna. Will be holding you in my thoughts.

ty sister
not for too long, i hope; I'm very fat and wouldn't want to break your mind :3

ninjafaery wrote:
You gave us such a loving snapshot of your beautiful mother that I liked her right away. Hoping everything you need is nearby as you walk through this hard place.

ty sister
queue up Coldplay's "Paradise"; I've been listening to that song a lot...

Birthstone wrote:

Inanna, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I offer my sympathy. Your post about her death and last few smiles was alight with love and admiration for her & those around you. I hope you're wrapped in love from friends and family, and the Spirit too. Without a doubt, the Cafe is here for you too.

ty sister

universe has a good sense of humour, though sometimes i would it would be more explicit ;3

Panentheism wrote:

Peace and Grace to your family and you..... blessings

ty brother
we live in a digital universe

praise process thought

gecko46 wrote:

Very sorry to learn of your mother's passing, Inanna. She sounds like a wonderful lady. May memories of happy times and being together with family and friends help and sustain you in the coming days and weeks.

Take care.

ty sister
queue up Sufjan Steven's "Holy holy holy"

EasternOrthodox wrote:

I can't seem to make it smaller.

Orthodox prayer for the dead

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend the soul of your servant Inanna's mother and beseech you to grant her rest in the place of your rest, where all your blessed Saints repose, and the light of your countenance shines forever.

Here is some music of different types, perhaps it will make you feel better. Just links, i don't know how to embed vids. I find music helps me.

Orthodox funeral music (always sung in a minor key, a capella)

Memory Eternal (often sung by a deep bass, this is not in English)

Memory Eternal

Kontakion for the departed, the English words are displayed in the first two minutes, then it is sung in Ukranian, I think. This same song was used in the funeral scene of Dr. Zhivago.

Kontakion of the Departed

Ukranian Cossack Requiem (some Catholic influence perhaps)

Don Cossack Choir Requiem Mass Rest Eternal and Exhultation

Classical, Mozart's Requiem Mass (Catholic)

Mozart Requiem Karl Bohm

Protestant, familiar ones

O God Our Help In Ages Past - National Cathedral Sept 14, 2001 National Prayer Service

CWM RHONDDA-GUIDE ME O THOU GREAT REDEEMER

Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night) - live on Radio Adelaide

Folk

Can the circle be unbroken - The Carter Family

ty sister
totally got my number with these tunes -- the don cossack choir got me :3 now that's powerful art

BethanyK wrote:

I am so sorry to hear about your mother Inanna. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ty sister
spirit wind 7 wrote:

I am just checking in....quite a life and journey toward the light for you and your mom, Ivanna.

The sadness came in waves for me. Yet your mom is healed and alive inside your heart...no one can take that away. But it does take time getting used to the move from seeing, hearing and touching her, to the inner nudges and memories that wiill likely make you laugh, then cry.

Let your love feel deeply the pain, for it does hurt. But the light soon will come again to stay. She is with you, and your family in her own special way with each of you.

God bless this pain into healing and life renewed and living....in the spirit we are one.

Namaste...

ty sister

it 'happens', eh? :3
i can handle the pain -- the pain and despair and anger and hate are as much a part of me as the happiness, the joy, the exaltation...

SG wrote:

ty brother
myst wrote:

InannaWhimsey, I have not been on wondercafe this past week and am just catching up. I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I am holding you in my thoughts during this difficult time.

ty sister

it's good and it's bad that life doesn't come with an instruction manual

stardust's picture

stardust

Hi InannaWhimsey

Aw....your mommy was sweet. I peeked on your FB pics. Are you in them?

I'm a horse freak too. I rode a saddle mare as a teenager  during  my country life in N.S. I used to take a lot of amateur videos ( cheap camera) as a hobby. Here's a short one I took at a horse show ar our CNE exhibition building, and also a camel who extends his sympathy to you at the African Lion Safari in Guelph.

If I win the lotto 649 I shall buy a horse farm and probably rescue many wild horses or race horses that are no longer wanted.

From horse show

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac222/Madhatter2009/?action=view&curr...

Camel

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/bleepers77/?action=view&current=...

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Pinga wrote:

Ina, today is the 2nd anniversary of my mother's death.  The pain shifts, the time helps to focus on the length of her life, rather than the shortness of her death.

May you be able to remember happier times.

Pinga,

is there any temptation to try to resurrect her?

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

stardust wrote:

Hi InannaWhimsey

Aw....your mommy was sweet. I peeked on your FB pics. Are you in them?

Several pics of me in my human form can be found there on my mom's (and family's) FB; I'll leave it to investigative you to find piccies of me :3

(you can even attempt to 'friend' my FB or whatnot -- who knows just what can happen?)

stardust wrote:

I'm a horse freak too. I rode a saddle mare as a teenager  during  my country life in N.S. I used to take a lot of amateur videos ( cheap camera) as a hobby. Here's a short one I took at a horse show ar our CNE exhibition building, and also a camel who extends his sympathy to you at the African Lion Safari in Guelph.

If I win the lotto 649 I shall buy a horse farm and probably rescue many wild horses or race horses that are no longer wanted.

From horse show http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac222/Madhatter2009/?action=view¤t=MOV02912.mp4 Camel http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/bleepers77/?action=view¤t=MOV01003.mp4

Neet, ty very muchly :3

My mother's first horse was a super smart pudgy small mare called Amber who I totally loved playing tag n hide n seek with (which my mom didn't like).  She was my favourite horse of hers...

You are very kind to that camel and were attentive to their wants -- scritches are a sign of universal friendship i think

Pinga's picture

Pinga

ina, we resurrect her by memories, both of the good and the bad times.

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Pinga wrote:

ina, we resurrect her by memories, both of the good and the bad times.

truly magical beings humans are :3

love abides

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

So, we've been rooting through her place like truffle pigs and finding gems (like what looks like her original passport); so many antiques, pictures hidden away

So some of them are being posted

and a good friend of my sister's has already made a tentative slide-show w/music for

Her Celebration of Life has already been planned

(i wrote this on my mom's FB acct:

I guess you've heard that I'm dead--yep, pushin up the tulips, gone to the choir in secular heaven (http://dresdencodak.com/2005/11/29/secular-heaven/), giving sex education to various angels, devas and celestial entities young and old...

One of the reasons I was such an open person was so that I could live within every one I touched and loved...so within all of you, I am there. Feel free to talk with me at any time.

The bit of my family that is still on Earth are having a

Celebration of Life for me:
Sunday Oct 28, 2 pm
PRDA barn, 1088 208 street Langley

Matthew is trying to collect any and all anecdotes, stories, notions, reminisces, no matter how short or long, to collect and then print out for you all to be able to read at your leisures at the event. Please send your submissions to

Remember, you are always loved, even if you are being a stinker!

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Words written with such love by Inna. smiley

Northwind's picture

Northwind

That's a lovely tribute Inanna

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

musing aloud observation:  no family is free from trivial politics

grief + money act as catalysts?  accelerants? of certain behaviours

one of the costs of being an adult?

i wonder what my mom is thinking from her tennis match in secular heaven with the Duke of Alba?

stupid domesticated primate games (somebunall of which, of course, can be quite enjoyable...grump grump grump)

Pinga's picture

Pinga

understood, ina.  Memories of the days following the death of my mother, and the wisdom given by people here.   remember to lead with love (even when those around may not be).  There may be a moment when you forget to lead, and you hope those around do remember.

may peace surround you, and may you also be able to forgive & forget the hurts

ab penny's picture

ab penny

Definitely no family is free from all politics Inanna....not the good stuff of families, but family all the same.  We can howl at the moon about it or accept it with grace...google We are Family cool

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

ty Pinga & ab penny :3

i was really 'in the moment' when i wrote that -- really, really shocked

(i almost howled at the moon last night -- very pretty, surrounded by a moonbow and fluffy clouds)

Back to Social topics
cafe