Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

Naming the new 'Cafe - Survey is now up

Apologies that this is a bit tardy, but life intervened yesterday.

I have now activated a survey on Survey Monkey. Pinga ran through the naming thread, and found three that were the most discussed and supported to put on the ballot.

These are:

wondercafe2.ca

wonderpub.ca

wonderquest.ca

Please go to the link at the end of my post, select the one that you feel should be the name for our successor forum, and click Done.

Since there are only three options, I am doing a single select rather than having you pick a first and second choice. If no names get 50+% of the vote, then I will do a run off ballot, removing the one with the least votes.

Survey will close automatically at noon on Friday, March 28, 2014 (i.e. this coming Friday). I hope to grab the results and post them by end of day. If a run-off is needed, it will go up as soon as I post the results and be open for the same number of days.

The survey will only allow 1 vote from a given network address. If you find you need this changed (e.g. there are two Wondercafe members in your household) contact the support address below.

To access the survey, click the URL below (or type it in your browser's address bar:):

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wondername

If you have problems accessing or completing the survey, email wondersurvey@hotmail.ca.

One final request - We would prefer that there be no discussion of the options or how people voted during the voting. Treat this as a secret ballot at a congregational meeting with the naming thread as the discussion of the motion. However, since I am not a mod, I have only moral persuasion to enforce this. I am appealing to your sense of fairness and democracy to observe this ban on discussion during voting. If, however, others feel discussion during the vote is fair game, please do it in the naming thread or a new thread, not this one. One of us will bump this thread periodically to keep in recent so discussion in it is not necessary.

Let the voting begin!!

Mendalla

Share this
Back to Social topics
cafe