Beloved's picture

Beloved

Usernames - Old or New?

Wondercafe2 . . . do you hope to be able to take (register) your old username on the new site?  Or do you hope to have a new username? 

Does it make any difference to you?

Share this

Comments

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I haven't signed up yet but if I do I would stay Kimmio if possible.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

crazyheart wrote:

May God continue to walk with you on your journey,jae.

Thank you crazyheart :)

kaythecurler's picture

kaythecurler

A neighbor kid was named Kate.  She was devastatedd when she was sent to the Principal's office for 'insolence' .  The teacherr embarrasssed her by asking for her 'real' name and insisting that it couldn't be Kate.  He wanted her to be a Katherine, Catherine, Katelin or something else.

Northwind's picture

Northwind

seeler wrote:

Stephen / Steven - my grandson is Stephen.  People are constantly trying to change it to Steven, or shorten it to Steve or Stevie.  An instructor, reading his name "Stephen" and pronouncing it as "Stephane"  got angry at him for not responding.  

So Steve Davis, people try to write your name with a 'ph' - like the British do.

I think more people try to Americanize Stephen to Steven.

By the way - my daughter Joy often has to explain that her name isn't Joyce, and neither is it Joey.  My Mark is not Marc.  And I am Elizabeth, sometimes shortened to Eliz but never Liz, and definitely not Betty.

I'm rather sensitive about names (I understand your concern Northwind.

My husband is Stephen/Steve. I grew up on Stephen St. People try tell me it should be pronounced "Stefan". Uh no. Stephen is the more British version of the name....

Northwind's picture

Northwind

Kimmio wrote:
Northwind wrote:

My husband is Stephen, and I grew up on Stephen street. It became Steven too. People do not pay attention. The universe is trying to change my name to Katherine. I do comment because that is not my name. cool

Uh...ahem...really sorry Nothwind. :( confession- I sent Northwind a wondermail a little while ago and I forgot her first name. I called her Katherine. We've met. I remember her face well. But I am so used to seeing the avatar name I forgot her first name and I am terribly embarassed about it. I should've asked Inanna first. The older I get the more that happens to me. It's a family trait. My name is Kimmio's just a childhood nickname for my name.

I your case, that is totally okay. You know me as Northwind, and online more than in person. Of course you can be confused. heart

Northwind's picture

Northwind

kaythecurler wrote:

A neighbor kid was named Kate.  She was devastatedd when she was sent to the Principal's office for 'insolence' .  The teacherr embarrasssed her by asking for her 'real' name and insisting that it couldn't be Kate.  He wanted her to be a Katherine, Catherine, Katelin or something else.

My father wanted to name me Kathy. My mother refused saying I would be forever explaining that I am not any of the longer versions of the name. She also felt I might want to be called Kathryn instead of Kathy. Thanks Mom!

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

looky what i found, whilst surfing

some notes by Michael Jacob Kooiman, minister of Central United Church in Weston, ON

http://sermonboy.com/wondercafe2.txt

sermonboy.com

cool :3

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Northwind wrote:

kaythecurler wrote:

My father wanted to name me Kathy. My mother refused saying I would be forever explaining that I am not any of the longer versions of the name. She also felt I might want to be called Kathryn instead of Kathy. Thanks Mom!

My father wanted to give all five of his kids Irish names. I would have been Seamus.

Mendalla's picture

Mendalla

To paraphrase T. S. Eliot:

The naming of kids is a difficult matter,

It isn't just one of your holiday games.

I don't have any name stories to tell, really. I am a David but get Dave sometimes but I've stopped cringing and correcting. I do prefer the full form though. Dave is too close to "Davy" which was used to taunt me by the bullies back in the day.

Mendalla

BethanyK's picture

BethanyK

Well, I have changed my name on Wondercafe2 but I did keep my same picture for now :)

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

BethanyK wrote:

Well, I have changed my name on Wondercafe2 but I did keep my same picture for now :)

Is your name on Wondercafe2 Russ?

Back to Social topics
cafe