Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Farewell to Wondercafe

Though I had thought of staying to the bitter end of this failed experiment - this is my farewell to Wondercafe.

Thank you WC for this our time together.

Thank you for the outing at Five Oaks at which I was ostracized.

Thank you for sharing the news about the UCCanada Moderator's train trip across Canada.

Thank you for providing a place where my beliefs could be mocked and ridiculed - and where I could be called an idiot because - my inner Jae was showing.

A special thank you to Aaron and whatever other Admins there may be for all the times that you completely ignored my wondermails.

Thank you WC - it's been an interesting ride.

Share this

Comments

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Crazyheart...where's your heart today? I am disappointed in your lack of understanding. Real words about real things were said to a real individual. There are real people at either ends of the computer putting their real thoughts into the virtual world. Read what Pinga said and really try to put yourself in Jae's shoes. I have said enough.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Real emotions happen in the virtual world. My cousin married someone he met and got to know virtually first- they fell in love and are still married 12 years later. My guess is hearts can be broken, too. Words are powerful things.

chansen's picture

chansen

Please. Please make it stop.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I've said everything I could possibly say. I was trying to stick up for Jae because I don't think the reaction to this thread was fair. That's it.

Smote's picture

Smote

*pokes head in after holycowfouryears*

*waves*

RitaTG's picture

RitaTG

I have followed this thread and finally need to weigh in....

First .... I am very disappointed in Dcn Jae's post..

These were issues that were covered over and over again in microscopic detail...

Long since resolved and put to bed....

To come here and post a superbly negative "farewell" like this is not right at all.

This has a cowardly feel to it ...... take a parting shot and run away.....

It has been brought up that this person is a church leader (deacon) and eventually hopes to be a pastor.    I feel that far better conduct is required....

What he gets here is mild ..... no bloody nose ... not even a slap....

As far as I am concerned .... he gets what he gets .... he has earned it .... and I in no way feel it is out of line....

Sincerely

Rita

chansen's picture

chansen

Smote wrote:

*waves*

Worst. Timing. Evar.

Note: www.wondercafe2.ca

chansen's picture

chansen

Kimmio wrote:
I've said everything I could possibly say.

I know you too well to believe that.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

revjohn wrote:

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

I care mostly for tending to the bloody nose and think originally 'reasonable guy' should apologize and make the effort to understand unreasonable guy so this never happens again- if reasonable guy is indeed so reasonable.

And if it is the unreasonable guy who resorts to violence that also is the fault of the originally 'reasonable guy'?

All things considered it is probably easier for the 'reasonable' to accommodate the 'unreasonable'.

And yet, it takes two to build a relationship.  

Normally that would be two working together.  That work should be easy if both are reasonable and contributing more or less equally.  It would be a more difficult row to hoe if it is an unreasonable individual paired with a reasonable individual because only the reasonable individual is expected to accommodate the other and it would be a disaster if both were unreasonable because then nobody would be responsble for building a relationship.

The short-cut you appear to advance is that the reasonable must carry the unreasonable no matter how difficult to lift or determined to be dropped the unreasonable chooses to be.

Again. no expectations from one and nothing but demands placed on the other.

And when both noses are bloodied is there equal care to tend to both?

Apparently not because then it becomes an issue of whose nose has been bloodied more bearing in mind that reasonable blood is not on par with unreasonable blood.

I must be missing something.  This set up is dysfunctional.

Grace and peace to you.

John

Well, this is a verbal scuffle. There is no violence. But for the sake of metaphor- Jae has poked a few nerves and has received a pummeling from several people taking turns. Many against one. And so, yes, I hope reasonable guy would be big hearted enough to carry the load, even if unreasonable guy wants to be dropped (he really doesn't). Isn't that what it's all about? Think about that.

Smote's picture

Smote

HA! Yes, having read the entire thread it's looking that way :)

And thanks: all signed up at WC2!

Alex's picture

Alex

THIS IS A TIME FOR A NEW BEGINING!!!

If Jae really feels he has been badly treated by the Wondercafe community, he will not join us at wondercafe2.ca. Let the rest of us  just move on.

chansen's picture

chansen

Smote wrote:

HA! Yes, having read the entire thread it's looking that way :)

And thanks: all signed up at WC2!

I look forward to subjugating you in my reign of tyranny, or whatever the hell people say I'm up to.

See you there. We're about to set off the scuttling charges in this ship so it doesn't fall into enemy hands.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

The way I see this thread is

The way you see the thread.

I guess that settles it.

Nobody else has permission to see the thread differently.

The thread would have been a lot shorter if you had told us what to think earler.

Grace and peace to you.

John

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

revjohn wrote:

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

The way I see this thread is

The way you see the thread.

I guess that settles it.

Nobody else has permission to see the thread differently.

The thread would have been a lot shorter if you had told us what to think earler.

Grace and peace to you.

John

I wasn't nor could I stop you from thinking what you think. And of course you can (and will usually) see it differently. If I can change your mind about some things, that'd be okay too. But I doubt it. To say, "this is how I see it" was an attempt to better clarify my long convoluted argument. That much should be obvious. But thanks for the extra poke in the ribs for no good reason.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

Well, this is a verbal scuffle. There is no violence.

That makes all of your earlier comments about whose nose has been bloodied most meaningless.

Kimmio wrote:

Think about that.

Presumes that I haven't been thinking already.  Crazyheart isn't using her heart I'm not using my brain.  Good thing we have you to do our thinking and feeling for us.

Patient goes to see a doctor.  "Doctor", he says, "It hurts when I do this."  The Doctor thinks for a moment and says, "Then don't do that." 

At this point it is comedy.

The patient refuses to stop and experiences pain again and again and again

At this point it is a tragedy.

So how do we stop the tragedy?  Sue for malpractice? 

Grace and peace to you.

John

chemgal's picture

chemgal

Kimmio wrote:
At the point of the nose socking- yes. But I think that unreasonable guy doesn't sock noses with such vehemence.

That's your opinion.  Most people go after Jae for his trolling, the cruel posts he has made in the past, and when he tries to play games with people.  Those are things he can change.

He has targetted people due to things they can't change.  Some of his games also have implications in the real world.

I have stood up for him because there are times he doesn't exhibit this behaviour.  That doesn't change the fact that he has hurt people though.  I've seen instances where people assumed he was trolling and I don't think he was, but it's understandable based on his past behaviour.  I have also stood up and shown concern trying to get him help when I thought he needed it, turned out it was a game.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

RitaTG wrote:

I have followed this thread and finally need to weigh in....

First .... I am very disappointed in Dcn Jae's post..

These were issues that were covered over and over again in microscopic detail...

Long since resolved and put to bed....

To come here and post a superbly negative "farewell" like this is not right at all.

This has a cowardly feel to it ...... take a parting shot and run away.....

It has been brought up that this person is a church leader (deacon) and eventually hopes to be a pastor.    I feel that far better conduct is required....

What he gets here is mild ..... no bloody nose ... not even a slap....

As far as I am concerned .... he gets what he gets .... he has earned it .... and I in no way feel it is out of line....

Sincerely

Rita

Disagree. Pinga was especially out of line.

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

But thanks for the extra poke in the ribs for no good reason.

Wait a minute, Dcn.Jae gives somebody a poke in the ribs and that is okay and somehow when I poke you in the ribs it is a crime.

I'm not claiming you don't have a heart.

I'm not suggesting that you "think" about things.

I'm still the bad guy.

Grace and peace to you.

John

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

revjohn wrote:

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

Well, this is a verbal scuffle. There is no violence.

That makes all of your earlier comments about whose nose has been bloodied most meaningless.

Kimmio wrote:

Think about that.

Presumes that I haven't been thinking already.  Crazyheart isn't using her heart I'm not using my brain.  Good thing we have you to do our thinking and feeling for us.

Patient goes to see a doctor.  "Doctor", he says, "It hurts when I do this."  The Doctor thinks for a moment and says, "Then don't do that." 

At this point it is comedy.

The patient refuses to stop and experiences pain again and again and again

At this point it is a tragedy.

So how do we stop the tragedy?  Sue for malpractice? 

Grace and peace to you.

John

Well, it is metaphor- point being it is hurtful.

And yeah...good thing, eh? ;) really...you both have hearts and brains I admire. I get frustrated at times when I feel there's a clear point you're not getting...or I get disappointed that you disagree because...if this is about loving the 'unloveable' which we all are loveable in some ways and not in others- nobody's without flaws and without some redeeming quality- but we love anyway- then it should be an no brainer not to bash someone- even if you feel they did it first.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I didn't want to take it into R&F territory by saying "God has a big enough heart to carry us even when we want to be dropped- which we really don't- just loved and forgiven. And we endeavor to grant that grace to others even if we sometimes feel they don't deserve it." I figured you'd get that right away with the "think about it" comment- without taking the conversation into theological territory. That why. Not that you don't have a brain. Sheesh.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

I said GRACE AND PEACE TO YOU.

What? Are you deaf and slow?

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

really...you both have hearts and brains I admire.

So why can't we use them?

Kimmio wrote:

I get frustrated at times when I feel there's a clear point you're not getting

And because you are frustrated you are allowed to lash out.  We on the other hand have no such permission.

I can empathize because on this side of the discussion it feels like there is a clear point you are not only not getting but you are avoiding.

Kimmio wrote:

or I get disappointed that you disagree because...if this is about loving the 'unlovaveable' which we all are loveable in some ways and not in others- then it should be an no brainer not to bash someone- even if you feel they did it first.

Which takes us right back to the OP.  It should be a no brainer to bash even if you feel they did it first.  But hey, now that we've been bashed let's just accept we deserved it and move on.

Grace and peace to you.

John

chansen's picture

chansen

Somebody just agree with Kimmio so this madness can end.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

revjohn wrote:

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

really...you both have hearts and brains I admire.

So why can't we use them?

Kimmio wrote:

I get frustrated at times when I feel there's a clear point you're not getting

And because you are frustrated you are allowed to lash out.  We on the other hand have no such permission.

I can empathize because on this side of the discussion it feels like there is a clear point you are not only not getting but you are avoiding.

Kimmio wrote:

or I get disappointed that you disagree because...if this is about loving the 'unlovaveable' which we all are loveable in some ways and not in others- then it should be an no brainer not to bash someone- even if you feel they did it first.

Which takes us right back to the OP.  It should be a no brainer to bash even if you feel they did it first.  But hey, now that we've been bashed let's just accept we deserved it and move on.

Grace and peace to you.

John

Did I 'bash' you, really?! I did not! I critiqued you. Huge difference between my rather polite and reasonable critique- also pointing out that I admire you- and the words Pinga used!

chemgal's picture

chemgal

Does anyone else ever feel like WC must have an invisible ignore button somewhere?

revjohn's picture

revjohn

Hi Kimmio,

Kimmio wrote:

Did I 'bash' you, really?! I did not! I critiqued you. Huge difference between my rather polite and reasonable critique- also pointing out that I admire you- and the words Pinga used!

The OP is Dcn.Jae's opening post.  That is the first punch thrown on this thread.

Grace and peace to you.

John

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Saul_now_Paul wrote:

piranha need love too

*chuckle* yes, even Satan needs love

Jae's still larnin -- he's got a while and a way to go before he becomes really skilled at discord & chaos...i give him aboot 10 more years...

like i say to believers here: 'your g_d is always testing you' :3

Smote wrote:

*waves*

Hey there fellow B!  How's one of WC: Original Recipie's old guard doing?

Are you still following @arjunbasu @torontoist and @blogTO?

see yas on WC: The Second Coming

*passes out popcorn, perfectly willing and encouraging everyone else to enjoy as revjohn & Kimmio have this rap all to themselves until the end of WC: Original Recipie*

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Rev John: It was not thrown at you personally, or at Pinga, or at CH- i think it was one last general snit/ vent about this place. Sort of "This is how I feel about this overall experience and I'm going to say it, leave it here, and that's that. And I won't let the door hit me on the way out, thank you very much." That's all it was. I was not offended- maybe because I didn't call Jae names? I find it strange that anyone would feel offended considering- he was called names. If he has lingering bad feelings about that it's unfortunate but not totally unfounded. One last chance to get the bad feelings out and dealt before moving on. That's what I think the OP statement was. The only person named personally was Aaron and it's up to Aaron to decide if he feels offended. My guess is a few wondermails got by him when he was busy.

chansen's picture

chansen

Aaron is smart. Aaron is ignoring Jae and you. The rest of us aren't that bright.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Maybe he is. In that case he wouldn't be offended by any accusation of having done so.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

chemgal wrote:

Does anyone else ever feel like WC must have an invisible ignore button somewhere?

I read what you wrote. I'd also like people to think about the implications of what they say to people in response are too. That they are hurtful, intentionally so in some cases.

Saul_now_Paul's picture

Saul_now_Paul

InannaWhimsey wrote:

Saul_now_Paul wrote:

piranha need love too

*chuckle* yes, even Satan needs love

I'm selling T shirts

chansen's picture

chansen

SnP, I think you've beaten that dead metaphor you lead to water long enough.

Smote's picture

Smote

InannaWhimsey wrote:

Hey there fellow B!  How's one of WC: Original Recipie's old guard doing?

Are you still following @arjunbasu @torontoist and @blogTO?

see yas on WC: The Second Coming

*passes out popcorn, perfectly willing and encouraging everyone else to enjoy as revjohn & Kimmio have this rap all to themselves until the end of WC: Original Recipie*

Aw! See you there. And I'll contribute whatever crumbs might be left in my bag of Ruffles sour cream & onion...

Alex's picture

Alex

chansen wrote:

Aaron is smart. Aaron is ignoring Jae and you. The rest of us aren't that bright.

Speak for yourself.  Aaron is not the only smart one around here.  smiley

I long ago diagnosed Jae with Churettes..  Churettes (similar to tourettes) is a little known but serious condition related to  touchete disease, a sub set of tourettes.  IT causes periodic outbursts of hositility towards ones church.  (or the church one is raised in)  

They used to say it was caused by denomic possession, howevrer today it is suspected that it's caused by too much suger and caffeine, that and/or from sticking ones thiumb up ones rear end. 

Just as it's is best to ignore the outbursts of a person living with tourettes, the same gos to churettes.

chansen's picture

chansen

Did you come up with "churettes"? Because that's good.

Alex's picture

Alex

yes i did  

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Delete duplicate see next comment

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Lol! I'll play along and lighten this up... Whadelse am I gonna do about it? Chansen has a new subset in the churette's spectrum, called godbergers. It causes him to express sarcastic remarks toward church or god related comments in general. It is a non-denominational multi-faith encompassing disorder. Kimmio seriously has a case of chronic verbal diarrhea after too much exposure to godbergers- and is just generally feeling fries- I mean fried. Kimmio admits it and excuses herself. Enjoy the rest of your day, people.

gecko46's picture

gecko46

Gone for the day to come home and find people have been involved in bar fights, are throwing punches and giving each other bloody noses....

Sheesh...not sure whether to duck or run....think maybe I'll do both....surprise

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

gecko46 wrote:

Gone for the day to come home and find people have been involved in bar fights, are throwing punches and giving each other bloody noses....

Sheesh...not sure whether to duck or run....think maybe I'll do both....surprise

*chuckle* if this is a bar fight, then what is a war?  a bunch of newfies hitting each other with dandylions? :3

InannaWhimsey's picture

InannaWhimsey

Alex,

nice neologism there :3  i've been impressed when I've seen Jae laugh & mock Christianity, which he believes in...that shows, to me, a kind of humility and character...

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

InannaWhimsey wrote:

gecko46 wrote:

*chuckle* if this is a bar fight, then what is a war?  a bunch of newfies hitting each other with dandylions? :3

Yes! 'War' with dandelions! Great idea. What happened to Flower Power? I hope for the day. Gets the weeding done for the vegetables to grow, and settles differences, all at once. If only...

GeoFee's picture

GeoFee

Hi Jae,

If you were a can, I would say most folk have had their kicks. Sorry.

As you are not a can, and I have no heart for kicking, let me simply say with the prophet:

"If thou hast run with the footmen and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, wherein thou trusted, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of the Jordan?"

George

Rev. Steven Davis's picture

Rev. Steven Davis

Hmmm. Been spending more time on WC2 the last few days, learning my way around there, than on WC. It's a lot more ... subdued ... over there. Although the feistiness of WC is admirable ... in some ways.

stardust's picture

stardust

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

So it seems others memories are as long as Jae's is and no one has really forgiven anything and it has come full circle. Maybe that was the statement. And considering the response- a curious and impactful one- an art form even. I've got to give him that. There's some strange genius to whatever's going on here. Has anyone grown or changed? I like Jae, quirks n' all. Pinga was over the top mean here, I think. Everyone else perhaps, including me, especially me, put too much time and effort here on this thread. We all remain as we are, none of us has changed- have we?- but hopefully learn a thing or two. I choose not to be offended.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

My goodness...the whole thread is like a repeat of this one, replace a couple of characters- the two main protagonists are the same! At this point I just have to ROFL at the absurdity. Hey, why not? Open your imaginations for just a minute...It's too uncanny... I can't take it seriously now. I don't know why you all who were around for the original don't just find it amusing- or ignore it? I missed that whole exchange and I have to admit I am now trying hard not to laugh.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

We've been punk'd!...and he left the building. Lol. What's there left to do but look at ourselves here, laugh at ourselves, and move on...

stardust's picture

stardust

Hi Kimmio

I've deleted the thread of Jae's from 2010 that you commented on above  because I don't believe  it was beneficial to this thread.  I hadn't read the whole 2010  thread myself  until late. I presumed it would clarify or help us to understand Jae's OP but that didn't happen. It may only have made matters worse and more confusing re Jae and the WC.  Sorry about that. Hope you all understand.

Back to Social topics