somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Secret Santa

Hi folks!

It's that time of year again - time for Secret Santas! Here's how it works: you send, via private message me your name and your address and I will randomly select someone to send you a gift and someone else for you to send something to. In that private message, I also recommend sending in some ideas of things that you are interested in (hobbies, sports teams, etc.). It's not about spending a lot of money. Let's limit the price of the gift to $10 (not including postage). 

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to either post them here or private message me. If you would like to sign up for this, please do so via private message. 

Let's have some fun this Christmas!

Share this

Comments

squirrellover's picture

squirrellover

I've been so busy, I missed the cutoff!!  I've been on the facebook site a little.  Is it really too late now? 

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Unfortunately it is Squirrellover - people are already purchasing gifts.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

somegalfromcan wrote:

Thanks Jae. I actually did some online research late last night, and not only does it turn out that my idea exists, but the price is less than $10 and it looks like there is a place that I can purchase it locally. Yay!

No problem somegal. Glad you found what you were looking for.

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Actually Squirrellover - I've had a kind offer from a fellow Santa. Please PM me your real name and address and then I will let you know who you will be sending to.

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

Hmmm-having met somegal in real life try a medium and check out thrift stores!

Sterton's picture

Sterton

I just popped mine in the mail today.  So exciting!  It costs more to mail it than to buy it: ha ha.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

I bought 3/10 of mine over the weekend. That's gotta' count for something.

BethanyK's picture

BethanyK

You guys are on the ball! I'm still thinking for mine!

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

See video

to keep in the Christmas mood

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

My default gift is always socks or underwear.

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

Do you need sizes, then, Tabitha?  smiley

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

yes I do Red. Calling all guys in secret santa-send me your shoe and boxer sizes!

Hilary's picture

Hilary

did this just turn into an e-harmony thread?  ;)

carolla's picture

carolla

Tabitha wrote:

yes I do Red. Calling all guys in secret santa-send me your shoe and boxer sizes!

I think this falls into the TMI category!!  (loved the video tho!)

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Nice.

Yesterday I arrived home - oh so tired - from work to discover that a nice package had arrived for me from Nova Scotia.

I opened it and found a lovely red woolen bag filled with treats. "Don't open it." my Mom said about the bag.

The bag itself, though, is a wondrous thing. Christmassy red with gold flecks in the yarn. Real sweater-quality.

Thank you to my Secret Santa.

Last night I finished my own Secret Santa shopping.

MikePaterson's picture

MikePaterson

I posted mine (accidentally) with overseas mail this past week… I meant to hang onto it until mid-December so it was more "Christmassy"… so I'm glad Jae got his already: and, no, I wasn't Jae's Santa.

To my recipient: just think "timewarps". 

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I will be sending mine next week- don't get discouraged my secret gift recipient!

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

Some of the Santas's are very organized! I don't have one ready to mail yet!

chemgal's picture

chemgal

I have ideas, but I haven't been out looking yet either Tabitha!

seeler's picture

seeler

Waiting another week or so to mail mine so it will arrive closer to Christmas.  (For the same reason I haven't mailed my sisters' gifts yet either.)

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Gifts bought and wrapped, packaging complete, will drop it in the mail probably tomorrow.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

somegal, did you get my wondermail?

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

OK my idea has changed-I'm very excited about this one. Probably get it done this weekend!

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

It's been sent smileymail

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Yay Santas!

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

CrazyDad is mailing it as we speak. Going to East Coast = Just a hint.

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

Just mailed my gift off to its lucky (hope so, anyway!) recipient today.  May it speed its way to its destination speedily and safely.  Hope it fits!  (just kidding....)

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

As last year's recipient of your gift, I'm sure that this year's recipient will indeed feel very lucky!

seeler's picture

seeler

Over to the post office today to mail my gift.  It's small (sorry Pal) and flat, so it will go as a letter - in a big puffy envelop.   It should arrive sometime next week - faster and cheaper than a parcel. 

And now I am checking the mail each day in eager anticipation. 

crazyheart's picture

crazyheart

Mine arrived at the recipient's door in very short order. I was really surprised at the quickness of Canada Post.

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

I may get the one I'm sending in the mail tomorrow. Just have to assemble the parts.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Okay...finally got my shopping done a week late. I got to the place I wanted to get to after work before they closed tonight- yay! I hope this person likes it. It'll take 6 days to get there, the clerk at the post said- so a week...by December 14th it should be there.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I got mine! It must' ve arrived yesterday or Thurs. i forgot to check it (apartment mailbox). Should I open it, Santa?

BethanyK's picture

BethanyK

Finally have mine bought! Mailing it Monday :)

Kimmio, yes open it!

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I opened it! (thanks, Bethany. I needed someone to give me the green light :) ). Inside, was a lovely miniature book of quotes from various people, with the word 'believe' on the front- and a gift card inside (which I'm not sure is supposed to be used or not- it's made to fit in the front cover of the book). A little box of 'ruby' and silver rhinestone studs for craft making, and a package of organic fruit candy! Awesome! Thank you Secret Santa (who remains a secret)!

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Somebody near the other side of the country who I've never met, knows I like creative, inspiring quotes, shiny things, arts and crafts, candy, and organic products! Thanks!!!! Perfect! It really is thoughtful and touching. :)

seeler's picture

seeler

I received mine on Friday - a beautiful print of the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, and an explanation of why it was chosen for me.  Thanks Red Baron. 

Is it ironic that I was your Secret Santa last year - and now you have returned the favour.   (Now lets get back to our rivalry at Scrabble.)

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Kimmio wrote:
Somebody near the other side of the country who I've never met, knows I like creative, inspiring quotes, shiny things, arts and crafts, candy, and organic products! Thanks!!!! Perfect! It really is thoughtful and touching. :)

Oops, did I forget to enclose the greeting card that I wrote up?

Anyway I'm your Secret Santa, Kimmio, and I'm so glad that you like the gifts.

You had spoken before here on wondercafe about how you like inspirational quotes, so I hoped the book would be perfect. You can use the $2 gift card in it toward the purchase of even more reading.

You seem like someone who would appreciate organic foods, and, hey - who doesn't like candy.

You must enjoy crafting. I never considered making something with the ruby studs. My sister uses them - just sprinkles them across her dining room table at Christmastime. They make her holiday table look even more special. By all means, though, if you would prefer to craft with them, I think that would be wonderful.

Merry Christmas Kimmio

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

My parcel is wrapped and addressed and ready to mail.

Pinga's picture

Pinga

ouch, the pressure mounts.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Oops! Just sent you a wondermail. I was wondering if it might be you..for some reason, the candy made me wonder. It's good candy! My husband likes it too! I thought I missed the card! Thanks Jae! It's a really nice gift. :). ...and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I'm thinking I might use the 'rubies' in a glass vase with a Christmas flower arrangement.

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

Lol...I like this quote. "Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese proverb.

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

Jae could still mail the card. He has the address.

My parcel went in the mail today!

chemgal's picture

chemgal

I have everything, but need to get it all packaged up.  I'm hoping to get to the post office tomorrow.

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

Tabitha wrote:

Jae could still mail the card. He has the address.

Excellent idea, Tabitha. Indeed, the card has already been mailed.

carolla's picture

carolla

I saw on the news tonight that today or tomorrow is the last day for sending domestic parcels via Canada Post - beyond that they're skeptical of delivery in time for Xmas ... so get thee to the post office if not already done! indecision

somegalfromcan's picture

somegalfromcan

Indeed Carolla!

Hilary's picture

Hilary

I will get to the post office this afternoon so that it's definitley en route tomorrow!

Kimmio's picture

Kimmio

I thought I'd mention that I received the card that Jae mailed separately. Lovely. Thanks, Jae!

Back to Social topics
cafe